"I know. Let's hope he doesn't get himself in such situation." I giggle.

"Oooh! Hot guy alert!" I hear her nearly whistle. "Okay. I need to go now. Listen! Tell me are you my strongest bitch?!" She asks the thing she does whenever she wants to boost me up.

"Yes." I smile.

"ARE YOU THE STRONGEST BITCH?!"

"YES!"

"Good. Now make me proud! Call me if you need me. Bye!" She hangs up and I put the phone down.

I look around the room and know that this is the reality that I have to face. I need to do this... For myself. To save myself from people like Chris. To not put Papa under a situation like this. To not be so... vulberable.

I don't even remember completely how it all happened. Of course, I was in a haze and so high. I never tried drugs. Never! I was never even interested in them. But that night... I just wanted to forget him. The memories... they were too strong that night. I wanted to call him, meet him... Fuck! I am so shameless! Even after all that shit you want to go back to him?! You idiot!

Well, what am I supposed to do? Switch off my feelings? I ask my heart.

That should help. My mind replies. You should have done that ten years ago when you heart is broke!

As I think about it, his words that have been repeatedly playing in loop in my mind for the past ten years hit me again.

You know what you are? A fool! That's what you are! You never see the reality! In your world it's always... It's always about you! I am just happy that I got to fuck the daughter of the Duke. You are you father's pride. And yesterday... I got to. Fuck. That. Pride!

Those words are always like a cold splash of reality to my face. That was my first heartbreak! I have sworn that would be my last. I don't think I can survive something like that again.

Then why are you putting yourself in front of him again? Why are you about to start working with the man that broke your heart into million pieces?! My heart asks and I gasp. I didn't realise tears were rolling down my face until I felt the pain my throat that I always feel when I go back to that morning after ten years. I feel a tear slip my eyes and roll down.

Why does it still hurt?!

I am not going to be a weak little girl that used to love him like crazy. I am not going to let him use me like that again. This time, my heart is sealed and locked. There is no chance for me to fall in love. I have lost my heart years ago. It has been used, torn and broken. Nothing can change that. I am stronger now. More than before.

You will not hurt me this time, Ben. You are going to regret agreeing to have me as your intern. If you have a problem dealing with my shitting attitude... Well... You can Kiss. My. Ass!

I wipe away the tears and crawl up in my bed before snuggling into the sheets. As I fall asleep, I sleep with one affirmation. These few months are not for me to just learn, it is my time for a little revenge too.

All the best, Ben!

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! You can do this! Come on, Bitch!" I tell myself. A little nervousness creeps in my heart. I sigh and calm myself down as I get down the car. I go to the lift and press the button. The doors open and I get in. I press the button to his floor. Max has informed me that he spoke to Ben about me coming in today to start working under-for him.

Max told me to bring my resume to Ben. He said that Ben asked him to have me bring that. The audacity! That motherfucker! Urgh! You want my Resume, huh?! I can only imagine throwing it at his face.

Here! Take it! Take it you fucking bastard!

I imagine ripping it to pieces and just shoving it in his mouth. Okay, maybe that's too graphic! The doors open and I bite my lip as I walk out and there is his receptionist. She is smiling at me like she was waiting for me.

"Hi! Good morning! My name is-" I am about to introduce myself when she cuts me off with her pleasant voice and smile.

"Ms. Layla Alberto! Who doesn't know you?" She says with a smile. I just try to maintain my smile. "Mr. Henderson has been waiting for you. Let me take you to him." She starts walking ahead of me to guide me.

"Thank you..." I trail off. This is embarrassing.

"Ellie! You can call me Ellie! We will be working together! I am so excited to work with you!" She really does sound excited.

Wait! What does she mean working with her?!

"Here." She opens the door for me and walks inside. I stay outside. I hear my heart beating in my chest.

How long has it been since I have last seen him? Ten years? Ah yes! Also, we didn't part in good terms. Where is your confidence now, Layla?

I take a deep breath. You can do this! You can do anything if you will it! Max's words stir in my head.

Yes! I can do this!

"Mr. Henderson! Ms. Alberto is here." Ellie informs him. Now I have to go in. I have already got my heart broken by him. There is nothing more he can do. "You can come in." Ellie turns to me. She is blocking my view of his and for a minute there, I was thankful for it. I need a second to prepare myself.

I put one step inside the door and Ellie moves out of the way. My heart stops like it always does. There he stands. This is happening! His arms are folded hear his chest like he is waiting for me.

What'sthe worse that can happen?