Chapter 65 - Tsuguko

Warnings: romance, profanity/bad words, kissing, and  slight yaoi/gay.

The festival is in three days and after another grueling day of recovery training you are looking forward to a fun evening away.

Walking back to join the others in resting. Shinobu says that the others are healing quickly. That they might be able to join training in a few days. Though she is worried about the wound on Tanjiro's back. It is very deep.

I can't believe I cut him ... I feel awful.

"Y/N?"

I look over my shoulder with a gloomy look but immediately perk up seeing her.

Mitsuri Kanroji!

"Hey!!" Giving an awkward wave.

"Iguro told me what happened."

"Oh!" You immediately bend at the waist in a deep bow. "I am so sorry! For hitting him and for bothering him! I-"

"It is okay, y/n! That is not why I came." Tilting your head in confusion at her words. "He told me that you feel powerless and want to grow stronger."

"I do... I feel like a burden to my love ones. A constant damsel in distress. They are always saving me."

She listens to you carefully before saying, "That is what Iguro told me. I want to take you on as my Tsuguko and help you become stronger."

A tear rolls over your eyelashes, "Really?! Thank you!! Yes! Please!"

You bow again but she grabs your shoulders, "Please no need to be so formal. Rengoku helped me when I was about your age. I want to be able to do the same, I hope you think of me as your big Sister! I am honored to help you. Go grab your sword and I will walk you to my training grounds."

Big sister?! This is adorable!

"Thank you!! I will hurry back!"

Racing away with the uncontainable excitement you burst into the recovery room. Grabbing your sword from the corner. Only Tanjiro and Inosuke are in the room.

Before he can ask what is happening you throw your arms around him. Unexpectedly kissing your man with such passion as your fingers twirl into his hair.