Chapter 39 - Feast

Cutting the last strand of his hair. This is the last time you will see Tanjiro with long hair. At first you feel sad because you have enjoyed his longer hair but seeing him with his typical haircut has your heart racing.

He then puts on the final selection, blue cloud-pattern, Samue-styled kimono.

You are wearing a more feminine version with the same print as you both prepare for this next challenge.

He is so handsome

"I have one for you as well." Urokodaki catches your attention as he hands over a hand-carved fox mask.

"How did you have time to make this? I only cut the boulder five days ago?"

He places his hand on your shoulder, "I created it  months ago.. because I believed in you. I am very proud of both of you." Tears filling his eyes as he hands over another gift but this one is wrapped.

Tanjiro steps closer to watch you open it. A gorgeous haori in the perfect shade of -insert the color of your choosing- with hand stitched stars throughout the fabric.

"When you return from final selection, I thought you could use a personal touch to the uniform." Urokodaki smiles as he wipes a tear away from his face and quickly puts his tengu mask back on.

"I love it, Sensei. Thank you!" Turning to Tanjiro you ask as a tear rolls down your cheek, "Did you know about this?"

"I suggested adding the stars." Tanjiro walks closer to brush the tear off of your face.

"Come... let's eat before the food grows cold." Urokodaki clears his throat as he kneels down to enjoy the celebration feast. "Time to eat! Don't be shy!"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

Urokodaki shares stories of his youth and a few tales of being a Hashira. Tanjiro and you soak up all this peaceful time. Laughing and sitting around the warmth of the fire.

He also gives more warnings and details about demons. To help prepare us for what we will face. As well as promising to take good care of Nezuko while we are away.

Tanjiro holds up his cup and cheers. "We are forever grateful for you, Urokodaki! Thank you! This is the best feast you have ever made. Truly delicious."

"