Chapter 33 - Feelings

I know he was referring to the time I told him that, and I probably would've given a normal answer if I wasn't in this situation. But he's right. I can't even talk properly.

"Why are you so nervous?" He tilts his head, leaning slightly closer to me.

"You... you're basically on top of me, how can I not be nervous..."

I need to snap back to reality.

"Oikawa, this isn't good."

"Hm?"

"Get off."

He complies, shifting over to his side of the bed. I sit up, burying my face in my hands.

Shit...

"Y/N, are you ok?"

"Yeah... yeah, everything will be ok,"

He raises an eyebrow.

"Because this never happened."

"What?"

I stood up from his bed, still feeling slightly dazed, "We didn't do whatever that was."

"...You're just gonna pretend nothing happened?"

I nod. He gives me a weird look; one I can't read.

What's he thinking right now?

"So..." He stands up, taking a few steps closer to me, "You're gonna pretend you don't like me?

I look to the side, avoiding his eyes, "I don't need to pretend..."

There was a deafening silence between us. I know I didn't sound very convincing. Honestly, my brain was a mess at this point, I didn't know what I was feeling for him.

"I think... I should go home." I say. 

"Yeah." Oikawa let out a sigh, grabbing his keys and signaling me to get in the car. We didn't say another word to each other.

I would occasionally peak in his direction during the car ride. He didn't look frustrated, or disappointed. It was just nothing. I had a feeling that I might've pissed him off though.

"Thanks for the ride." I say, "And thanks for letting me come over."

"Mhm." He doesn't look at me. Not even a goodbye either. I exit the car, more confused than I've ever been, and he drives off.

. . .

"Everything is fine, Aya." I lie.

"Ok... You can talk to me whenever you need though." Aya pats my back.

"Hey guys," Iwaizumi waves to us from across the hall. He walked in our direction; I noticed Oikawa followed behind him.

"Hi, Aya!" Oikawa smiles in her direction, making a point to not acknowledge me. Iwa gave a weird look to him. He might be suspecting that something is off. I mean, I don't blame him, this morning we completely ignored each other's presence.

I'm only halfway through the first day back to school, and it's already turning in to a mess.

"Wanna eat lunch with us?" Iwa asks.

"Um- I actually have some work to do for the art competition... you guys can go ahead." I quickly make up an excuse.

"Oh, want me to hang out with you?" Aya asks.

"No, it's alright. Have fun!" I walk in the direction of the art room, not giving the group a second glance.

Once I arrived in the empty room, my head flopped onto my table.