london bridges falling down

Kayo had to make sure that Penny hadn't fainted in shock when she asked her to help her get ready for the Prime Minister's celebration. 

"You want me to help you...get dressed up?" asked Penny. "Wait, are you quite serious? I am talking to Tunusha Kyrano, aren't I?" 

Kayo rolled her eyes and stifled a smile. "Just this once, Pen." 

"I have so many dress options for you--"

"No dresses," interrupted Kayo. "I want to wear a suit. One so feminine and fashionable that no one will be able to look away. I was thinking black?" 

Penny squealed on the other side of the line. "I have just the piece for you. Parker!" she called. "We have a slight delay. The Prime Minister will have to wait for our entrance a little longer." 

"Oh my god." 

Kayo couldn't stop staring at herself. She hated it....but she absolutely loved it at the same time. The pants were just right, and so was the blazer, but it was the sheer corset piece that pulled it all together. 

"Darling, it looks wonderful on you, and I love that you love it, but it's just that this party is a long dress formal, and if you wear that..."

Kayo turned to look at her backside in the mirror. The corset scooped so low it was practically backless. She smiled. She hated stuffy clothes. 

"Kayo, dear, you already don't have an invitation. An outfit deviating from the dress code is sure to get you noticed." 

"But that's what I want." 

"That's not the good kind of noticed," Penelope said as she planted a red kiss on Sherbet's forehead. Turning away from the yipping dog, she sized Kayo up once more. 

"Let's work out a deal. I have this new design that someone at the lab has been working on for me. It's integrated with the latest technology--I'm sure you'll love it. It's a crilline dress design that--"

"Wait, I thought I said no dresses. I can't fight in them." 

"That's were the technology comes in." 

Lady Penelope spoke into her bracelet. "Pull up the Killine Dress design." 

One of the jewels on her wristlet glowed and projected an image of a dress design, complete with each feature and material it held. According to the blueprint, it was capable of holding twenty extra pounds of tools, weapons, and packages she might need to hide in her semi-poofy skirt. 

It wasn't too much poof to deter her, for she saw that the main feature was that she was able to rip the skirt off at a moments notice by pulling a tiny, unnoticeably thin black ribbon on the back. 

With one pull the skirt would fall off effortlessly, so Kayo could wear a pair of suit pants underneath in case she needed to run, fight, climb, or do whatever she needed to do to do her job. It also had a feature where it could deflate it's bounciness if she needed to sit in a confined space, like her motorcycle. 

The more she stared at it, the more she wanted to give the skirt a try. 

"Fine," she muttered, trying not to sound too excited. "If you are completely positive I can rip it off any time I want." 

"Positive," Penelope smiled. "Parker?" she spoke into her bracelet. "Have the Killine design delivered in the next hour. We have a party to attend." 

"I won't make you terribly late?"