"Glad to know I still have a dance partner," Klaus says as he enters the scene, all heads turning to him. He tears his eyes away from the witch and looks at Elena, Jenna and Jules, the three pieces necessary to breaking this curse.

"Hello, my lovelies. Are we ready?" Klaus asks but no one answers, the quarry falling eerily silent as he and Greta walk up to a nearby hill. There, a little setup for the ritual was waiting for them consisting of an altar with a small ceremonial stone bowl atop of it.

"I've got the moonstone," He tells his minion, pulling the stone from his pocket and handing it over. "I spent 500 years looking for this. I hate to part with it."

Nonetheless, the soon-to-be hybrid doesn't resist as Greta takes the moonstone and looks up at the sky. "The moon has passed its apex. Remember everything you need to do?"

As if he could ever forget. "I remember."

And so, the ritual begins as Greta drops the moonstone into the stone bowl between the two. Sparks fly as the moonstone is destroyed and Greta begins to chant a spell in Latin. Klaus turns around and heads back towards the rings of fire, ready to begin.

"Everything I did ...I was just trying to help Tyler," Jules tells Elena, the older woman still lying on the ground in pain.

"Are you Jules?" questions Elena.

"I didn't want him to be alone."

"Shall we?" Klaus questions, stopping in front of Jules.

The fiery circle surrounding Jules then disappears with a slight upward turn of Greta's wrist. Jules' eyes turn yellow and she uses her werewolf speed to rush at Klaus. But being the thousand-year-old Original that he is, Klaus is quickly able to get the upper hand. In a few quick movements, he pins Jules to the ground, plunges his hand into her chest and rips her heart out.
The Original breathes heavily as he holds the bloody heart in his hands.

Jenna and Elena look horrified as Klaus walks back over to Greta and the altar. He holds Jules' heart over the stone bowl and squeezes, the werewolf's blood dropping onto the flames below it.

"Does that mean it's working?" Klaus asks, noticing how there are more flames lit in the bowl.

"It's working," The witch confirms proudly.

One down; two more to go.

"The day that the lawyers called to tell me that I was going to become your guardian, you know what my first thought was? Isn't there someone else who can do this?" Jenna begins as she speaks to her niece, the realization finally hitting her that this would be her last moments.

Klaus chose not to listen to their conversation, focusing his attention on Greta and the spell. It's not like it would change anything.

The Original did find the situation between aunt and niece unfortunate. He himself was no stranger to family turmoil and how uncomfortable that could be. And from what he was able to put together, Jenna had only recently found out about the existence of vampires and the supernatural. So, she was not mentally or emotionally prepared for anything that was happening tonight.

But then again, Elena and her friends were preparing themselves for this for over a month now. Elena was the one that made the choice to hide this all from her by routinely lying to the poor woman and keeping her in the dark. And her friends were the ones that stupidly tried to impede on his plans time and time again, forcing him to go with his backup plan. Maybe if they had stayed out of his way, then things would be different and Elena's attempts at reassuring her aunt wouldn't be so futile. But either way, there was no stopping him from breaking this curse.