THE FLOWER SELLER

I have been working as a florist for over fifty years.

Over the years I have sold flowers you can say in front of every door of every cemetery.

In my heart, believe me, I used to feel great pains as soon as I happen to be selling flowers and I happen to see a funeral entering a particular cemetery, especially when I would see a small white coffin in the hearse, my heart would be squeezed.

As a person, I am very skeptical, and I used to believe very little in things that many people say they see.

I am saying: "I used to believe very little" because today I fully believe that after death there is something else, and I also believe that those who pass to eternal life, somehow stay with us, or with 'somehow they can ask for some kind of permission to manifest their souls to us living to deliver us some kind of message.

What I am going to tell, I still can't explain it until today's holy day.

It was about ten years ago that I started selling in front of the main gate of the Addolorata cemetery.

I confess that I have never seen anything, except as I told you sorrow, grief, weeping, and funerals.

I remember that sometimes I had a time where I was literally alone selling flowers in front of the cemetery, sitting on a bench with the most beautiful carnations and dahlias in front of me, waiting for a customer to arise so that maybe we could turn a pound.

In those episodes when I was alone as a salesman, a particular young man started approaching me.

He was a handsome man.

Maybe he was about 25 years old.

When he would approach me I remember that I would always see him in the same clothes, a black and white striped shirt, and jeans.

He was of few words, but his look was one of sadness.

I don't know how to begin to explain the fact, but when he approached me and I looked straight into his eyes, that guy had something strange!

He was like sad, sad, I don't know, but his look was like one of mercy!