13

It's Nov 19 again, time flies.

"No to the both of you!" He shouted "Firstly, you, Adrien will be staying home for a week, no matter what, and Nathalie, you, you don't get involved with my personal state! Understand?"
He stared at the woman with a piercing expression, but the assistant simply shrugged and silenced the kid before he could've uttered his usual "Yes father".

"No sir." Nathalie spat back, her eyes daring his as they didn't break apart from the exchange of harsh glances "Adrien will return to school as soon as he is recovered. That may be less or more than a week, we'll see, and as for me, I will indeed-"

"I SAID YOU WONT!" He screamed slamming his fist on the table and turning a chair upside down. "YOU WILL NOT!" Gabriel didn't stop, he only made his way closer and closer towards the two.

In fact the designer was almost about to reach out and grab his assistant, except his son interfered.

"Father please stop!" Adrien cried taking ahold of his dad's hand which had been raised and was about to quickly get lowered to hit the woman. However by this weakly gentle hold of the kid, Gabriel suddenly came to his senses and pulled back before anyone would've gotten injured.

"I-" he was lost for words by his own actions.
The rage that had taken over him was unexplainable, and so were his intentions with hurting Nathalie.
"I-I didn't m-mean t-to-"

"Sure" the woman shook her head in disbelief "I bet you don't mean a lot of things sir."

With that she grabbed the hand of the blond boy and dragged him out of the kitchen leaving behind Gabriel.

"N-Nathalie w-where a-are w-we-"

"You go to your room and rest a bit whilst I finish my work. Before bed time I'll go up to check on you and we'll see how you feel about school in the morning. Okay?"

"Yes." He smiled, slowly and unsurely letting his hand slip away from hers.

The woman nodded with a returned smile before turning away and walking towards the office, however before she could've opened the door, Adrien's voice stopped her.

"Nathalie-"

"Yes?" The assistant turned around

"T-thank you." The kid whispered "For everything." His eyes looked cheerfully in her directions and patiently waited for the faint grin that she'd give in a few seconds.
And indeed she did.

The assistant chuckled a little as she couldn't hide her happiness that was brought upon her by those words.
Nathalie simply sighed with an ear to ear smile and then mumbled something under her breath.

"Oh Adrien" she said quietly, then looked up "You're very welcome."

Something in the blond boy's heart felt different, he felt such a type of emotion that he hasn't experienced in quite a while.
That being the sort of parental love which his mother cared for him with.
The actions of reading him bedtime stories or simply sitting next to the child whenever they'd play piano together.
Even the long walks in their flower garden got remembered in Adrien's head.

And suddenly, he could barely hold back those melancholy tears which wanted to stream down his face, which wanted to be let out, but with a big sniff he tried to hide them.

"Adrien-" Nathalie's voice didn't even sound like her own now.

As the teenager kept staring at the woman he didn't see her anymore, he didn't know what was happening, it was all so blurry, almost as if it had been a dream.

Seeing memories so vividly that he could feel his mother taking his hands into hers and with a wide, sweet smile on her face say to him:

"Isn't it just beautiful? The sky I mean...every time I look at it I get reminded of you...the sun being your hair, the fluffy white clouds your smile and so on. Don't you ever think like that Adrien?"