"John its okay." Jason said. "You don't need to feel embarrassed about crying."

"I'm not crying."

An amused look crossed his face. "John please pick up the phone."

John picked up the phone and wiped his eye. "You okay bud."

"Yes, dad."

Jason smiled as those two words brought a warm sensation to his heart. "Look I need to talk to Jack but I promise you that we will get together soon." He told him. "Okay."

"Okay." John said nodding his head.

"If you need anything don't hesitate to call me." Jason said.

"I won't."

"Ask your mom to call me tonight so we can talk."

"I will." I just hope that she will be willing to talk to him. That she will allow him to be a part of his life.

I need my dad to be a part of my life.

"I'll give you a call later tonight." Jason said.

"Okay." John said. "I love you dad."

"I love you too champ."

Jason said goodbye and then let out a sigh. He looked at Zach and said "Thank you."

"So I really did make the right choice."

"Of course you did Ace." He then hugged his nephew.

The door then opened and Jack and his grandparents walked in. "Is everything alright?" Jack asked.

"Yes everything is fine." Jason then coughed. "Everything is great."

"So nothing happened between him and Spencer?" Cathy asked with a look of relief.

"What?" Zach said confused.

Damn I forgot to talk to Zach about last fourth of July.

"That awful man didn't touch you did he?"

"What!" Zach said shocked. "No." He looked at them perplexed. "Why would you think that."

"Elizabeth implied that something happened between the two of you at the fourth of July party at Anne's house." Jason said.

"Elizabeth is a freaking liar." Zach said.

"So nothing happened."

"No nothing..."  Zach then cut himself off as a memory began to stir. He began to look sick as it played through his mind.

"Zach are you okay." Cathy said as she moved closer to her grandson.

"I'm fine." Zach said as disturbed look crossed his face.

Anthony placed his hand on his shoulder and in a gentle, caring tone said "Zach if something happened to you, you can tell us."

"Nothimg happened to me." Zach said.

"Are you sure honey?" Cathy said.

"Yes." Zach said. "Nothing happened." He then stepped away from them. "But there is something that Uncle Jason needs to tell you."

The three then looked at him.

"Actually I need to speak privately to Jack." Jason said. "Zach you can tell your grandparents." He then looked at Jack. "Come with me buddy."  He then placed his hand on back and negotiated him towards the kitchen.

They walked in and Anthony and Cathy gave a Zach a quizzical look.

*********************************

At the Richards residence John knocked on his mother's bedroom door. He waited for her to reply but no reply came. He then opened and said "Mom."

Lauren sat on the edge of her bed covering her face as she cried. John once again felt a twinge of guilt.

"Are you okay mom?" John asked.

"No I'm not okay." Lauren said angrily. "I can't believe you did this John. I told you couldn't contact your father and you defied me John. You openly defied me without any consideration to my feelings or what calling you father would to do us." She shook her head in dismay. "I can't believe you did this to me."

"I didn't mean to hurt you mom."

"But you did John." She sad as felt a knife had stuck into heart and was being slowly twisted. "You hurt me John." She as grabbed a tissue and began to dab her eyes.  "Just go to your room John. I don't want to see you for the rest of the night."

"Yes ma'am." He then walked to the door and then stopped. "Dad wants you to call him."

I'm sure he does Lauren thought. "I can't talk to him right now." I don't want to talk to anyone right now.

John then walked out and his mother's sobs followed him to his room. A empty pit ripped open in his stomach as he began to hate himself for what he did.