Chapter 93 - I Won't Give You The Satisfaction

Start from the beginning

Everyone was forwarding and sharing different versions of “the ordeal.”

Anyone and everyone knew about the case; there was no escaping the onslaught of interest and discussion
surrounding it.

When Shefali saw Parth being interviewed by a reporter on TV, she knew she could no longer sit idly by.

Parth had looked thin and haggard on TV, a pale shadow of his usual self. He had apparently suffered from a long bout of fever after returning from the mountains.

The Sahyadri Mountain Resort Villa hostage-takers had been extremely ruthless. They had killed a shocking number of people.

The students had been extremely lucky to escape the vicious thugs.

If they had been a little less lucky, a little less vigilant… it was very likely that Parth would have been lost to her
forever.

Shefali mulled over this at her college for two whole weeks, before finally deciding to give it a try.

She was taking a risk: it was entirely possible that they could no longer be friends after this.

But if she did not try it, she would regret it for the rest of her life.

She did not want to spend the rest of her life in regret.

This time, Shefali returned to C City by plane.

She headed for Parth’s house as soon as she was off the plane, her hands full of tonics and herbal supplements.

“Hi Uncle, hi Auntie – how’s Parth?” Shefali was no stranger to Parth’s parents; the two families were very
close.

Parth’s mother took Shefali’s hand. Her eyes were red. She said, in a quivering voice, “Shefu, thank you for coming to see Parth. Oh, we were so scared.”

“Don’t worry, Parth is a good man. The gods always protect good, honorable men. I mean, he escaped unharmed, right? And hey, he even got on TV! He was totally the most handsome guy there.” Shefali steadied Parth’s mother as she piled on the praise, eager to
leave a good impression on his parents.

But when she asked for Parth, his mother told her that he had already returned to his college.

Shefali had immediately rushed over to C University upon hearing that.

She had not expected to bump into Shehnaaz, her rival in love, at the school gate.

Shefali had prepared an entire speech for this occasion, only to discover that it had all been for nothing – the girl
who looked four years younger than her had not remembered Shefali at all.

Shefali watched Shehnaaz’s retreating back for a long moment. Once she was certain that Shehnaaz had returned
to her dormitory, Shefali turned away and made a beeline for Parth’s room, over in the male dormitory. C University had strict rules that made it difficult for the male students to enter the girls’ dormitory. It was extremely
easy for a female student to enter the boys’ dormitory, however.

Shefali arrived at the lobby of Parth’s dormitory.

She registered as a visitor at the counter, before making her way upstairs.

It was evening; the occupants of the dormitory went about their business clad only in their shorts, as was their custom.

When they saw a girl coming up the stairs, the shirtless boys immediately dived into their rooms and locked the
door.

Shefali smiled as she walked down the corridor of the dormitory. She found Parth’s dorm room and knocked on the door.

Strongman poked his head out. He gave an unholy shriek when he saw that it was Shefali. “Wait, don’t come in! I have to put on my clothes!”

He, too, had been playing video games dressed only in his shorts and nothing else.

“Take your time, I’m not in a hurry.” Shefali smiled as she waited before the door.

Strongman shouted through the door as he pulled a T-shirt over his head: “Are you looking for Class Rep? He’s not here.”

“Not here?” Shefali was very surprised. “Where did he go? I was just at his house, and his parents told me he’s back on campus.”

“Do you even have to ask? He’s standing watch over at the girls’ dormitory, duh!” Strongman laughed as he opened the door. “Did you forget? Class Rep’s been trying to get Sana to return his feelings…”

Ai Weinan responded with an easygoing laugh. “Well, he’s in luck. I saw Sana return to her dormitory a few moments ago. The two of them must have met up by now.”

“Who knows? Hey, wanna come in and sit down?”

Strongman moved to make way for Shefali. “I see you have your luggage with you and all.”

Shefali shrugged. “I just arrived, haven’t even booked a hotel yet. I’m going to hit up my old classmates and ask them to join me in a karaoke session. We’re going to party through the night. Wanna join us?”

Strongman was sorely tempted, but he remembered just in time that Shefali and Parth were high school classmates. Shefali would most likely be inviting her other classmates from high school, which meant he would
be the odd one out. He smiled and shook his head. “Thanks, but that’s all right. Maybe next time.”

Shefali had brought specialty snacks from Z City with her; she extracted a pack of the snacks from her luggage
and handed it to Strongman. “This is for you. I noticed that you like this.”

“Oh wow! Thanks! You’re the best, Weinan.” Strongman knew that it was only polite to show gratitude when
someone had been nice to him. He showered Shefali with praises.

Shefali decided there was no point waiting in Parth’s room if he wasn’t around. She turned and left C University; once outside, she made a few calls, and managed to rustle up more than a dozen of her old high
school classmates.

“We’ll all be graduating from college soon, so let’s have a get-together today to celebrate. We’ll drink till we drop. I
booked two rooms in the hotel, one for the guys, and one for the girls; if any of you end up plastered from all the alcohol, you can go up to your rooms and sleep it off.” Shefali was a pro at throwing parties.

One of her classmates spoke up. “Why don’t we get Class Rep, too? It’s no fun without him, right?”

“Sure. You call him, then,” said Shefali with a smile.

*
*
*
I hope you enjoy reading it.
Love you all.