The next day Veronica was sitting on the kitchen counter while Hollie and Fiona did the washing. Fiona was telling them about her double date with Steve/Jimmy, Adam and Estephania, Steve's new wife.

"Married?"

"Yeah, to some teenager from Brazil," Fiona told them.

"She cute?" Veronica asked as she ate some chicken.

"Very,"

"Who's cute?" Debbie asked as she came downstairs.

"Chicken in the bucket," Hollie told her the younger girl grabbed a plate and got some food.

"Steve's back. married to some South American teenager," Veronica informed Debbie.

"Really?"

"So what did Adam do?" Hollie asked Fiona.

"Took off. Left me there," said Fiona.

"Can't blame him," said Nick as he walked into the kitchen from the living room.

"When did you get here?" Fiona questioned, Nick, shrugged, "Like three seconds ago." He walked over to the counter and took a fry out of the box, "with your track record I guarantee the guy was completely justified by leaving,"

Fiona have him an unamused look and flicked his forehead, "asshole,"

"You love me really," Nick walked over to Hollie and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind as she was facing away from him while folding the clean laundry out of the dryer, "hi," he muttered, placing a soft kiss on her neck causing her to giggle slightly as his stubble tickled her neck.

"Hi," she whispered before turning her face to him and pressing her lips to his.

"Ew, gross," Carl whined as he walked into the kitchen with Ian to get some chicken. Hollie pulled away and continued to fold the clean laundry while Nick stepped over to Carl and messed up his hair, "ew gross," he mimicked the boy and Hollie smiled to herself as she watched them out of the corner of her eye.

"How's Ethel doing?" Fiona asked Veronica. Ethel's husband had died and her 'sister wives' had visited her. "She's in shock, I think." said Veronica, "poor thing. Husband murdered in prison,"

"Mm. Who got murdered?" Ian questioned as he ate some chicken.

"Ethel's husband, Clyde," said Debbie. Ian hummed and nodded, "Cool," said Carl.

"Kev thinks the state might send her back now that her sclerotic husband is dead," said Veronica. Ian glanced into the living room, "Grammy still here?"

Debbie shook her head, "left with Frank," she told him.

"That can't be good," Nick commented as he leaned against the counter beside Veronica. "Somewhere in Chicago a priest is being mugged," she said.

The back door opened and Lip stepped into the kitchen, "Lip there's chicken," said Fiona. He walked over and took a piece while holding his middle finger up in Ian's face with his free hand.

Lip and Ian had been fighting for days and everyone was beginning to grow tired of it, "Still? You two haven't fixed this yet?" said Hollie, exasperated.

Lip walked into the living room while Ian went upstairs, "what's that all about?" V asked.

"Karen I think," said Fiona.

"Could also be something else completely unrelated," Hollie shrugged, "it's Lip and Ian, who knows?"

Debbie let out an exasperated sigh, "will this summer ever end?" She groaned.