The Talk and The Gifts

For six months, Cale couldn't find any chance to sneak out because Ron had been keeping his eyes on him closer than before.

"I wish he ignores me like before." Cale mumbled.

He was concerned about Billos.

"Haaa.... At least I am getting more used to everything I learnt now. And..." Cale smiled slightly. "I guess I gain their trust a little bit."

Cale's improved meal included the bread that was occasionally soft and sweet, the soup that had bits of meat now and then, and a glass of milk every week.

"I need to go meet him again. I need a lot of money if I want to steal Raon's egg from Venion. It's been six months... so it might be around 2,5 years more. Sungsoo mentioned that Redika should be selling the egg to Marquis Stan as soon as he got it from him." Cale was doing nothing at the moment, so he wasted his time thinking of his future plans.

(Sungsoo is the name of the Dragon half-blood from another story, "How Cale Henituse Changes His Future")

"I miss Ron's lemon tea... and Raon's apple pie." Cale said absent-mindedly.

"I believe I never make lemon tea before, where did you get to drink it?" A voice sounded behind Cale.

"Ron! You promised you stop... sneaking. Oops." Cale covered his own mouth. 'I let my guard down thinking about the past.'

"You slipped and messed up your own lies. Care to explain when did I ever make that promise?" Ron's hand crept towards Cale's neck again. "I prefer if you don't lie this time."

His eyes were full of anger. 'I was beginning to trust you a little. How dare you lie?'

He felt betrayed, the feeling that he shouldn't have been received from this... person.

Cale looked towards the familiar face that was showing those unfamiliar expression, those negative feeling towards... him, again. The mental barrier that Cale had tried to fortified this half a year suddenly break down.

Cale closed his eyes to avoid Ron's eyes and tears fell uncontrollably. "Why do I have to experience this? I know you're not the Ron, the father that I know and love, still I can't help but keep hoping. However, you're really not him. He would never look at me like this."

"It's no use crying. I won't fall for it the second time." Ron said with gritted teeth but his hand was hesitating.

"Ha! Hahahaha" Cale laughed and cried at the same time. "Do you think I want to stay here and have you look at me like this? I'd rather stay and die where I were because that place is where I know that my loved ones love me in return. Even if I was left behind after they're gone, at least I could feel their loves. But here, strangers who have the same face as them are hating me..."

"Where you were? You're not from here?" Ron asked.

Cale opened his tear-filled eyes and glared hatefully at Ron. He didn't answer the question and asked back. "I lied, so what? Will you even believe me at that time if I didn't lie? Maybe I will even be treated as a Devil who took possession in this cursed child. Ha! What did I do wrong? Aren't you lying to protect yourself and your beloved son as well?"

"..." Ron didn't say anything but he released Cale. It felt strange to have Cale look at him with hatred like this. 'He always looks at me with affection that I don't know where it stems out from.'

• You deserved it. How dare you hurt that child, my child?

Ron was hearing the voice again. 'Are you the Ron that this 'child' was talking about?'

• Why do you suddenly care? Even if I am not, Cale is a child who deserves all the loves in the world. Whichever world he is from, I do not care about that.