"Vivi, what in the world is going on? You've been missing for over two years and now I find you sneaking around in an alleyway? What happened?"

"There's a reason I've been missing. I've been acquiring information, and it's crucial that I give it to Kohza. He is here isn't he? Could you please take me to him?"

Kebi considered this for a moment. Vivi was the daughter of the man they were most likely going to war with soon. But she was also one of them. They had long since thought her dead, but if she was alive, then he was sure they could trust her. She had nothing to do with the origins of the civil war to begin with. "Come with me," he said, before quickly jumping off the roof and leading them through the streets.

They finally came to a run down building in a less crowded district of Katorea. Kebi knocked six times on the door, and they were let in.

"Kohza-san, you're not going to believe who I stumbled across."

"Who is it?" came a voice beyond the wall, one that instantly caused Vivi to inhale sharply. She decided to forego all formalities and ran into the room where the voice had originated from.

Kohza sat up in the bed in shock, his eyes glued to the new arrival.

"Vivi...how...?"

"Kohza, I know this is sudden after all this time, but you have to put an end to this civil war! You're being manipulated. My father wasn't the one behind the Alabasta's ruin!"

"Whoa, Vivi, slow down alright? Just start by telling me where you've been all this time."

Vivi took a deep breath. "I've been in hiding so that I could find out who was really responsible for the current state of affairs in this country. The one behind this civil war, the one who really stole the rain...he's the leader of a criminal organization that's been working in Alabasta from the shadows. Two years ago, I infiltrated the organization to gather information and find out who the leader was-"

"You what?" Kohza asked in shock.

"I went undercover as a member of Baroque Works so that I could find out what their motive was from the inside," Vivi said impatiently, wanting to get to the point.

"Vivi, how could you do something that reckless? You could have been killed!"

Vivi was taken aback by the audacity of his question. She gritted her teeth "And you're any better? Here you are, about to lead our country into a civil war, tear it to ruins, and play right into his hands, and you have the gall to tell me I was being reckless?"

Kohza was pale. "What do you mean I'm playing into his hands?"

"His goal is to seize the Alabastian throne. That's why he framed my father and planted the dance powder in his palace. His organization has been behind everything so far, and the war will give them the perfect opportunity to take control of the country during the chaos."

Kohza was silent for a moment. "Who is he? The leader?" he finally asked.

Vivi sighed in relief. Now they were getting somewhere. "Crocodile of the Seven Warlords," she replied. Kohza's eyes widened.

"This country's hero is the one leading it to ruin?"

"He's no hero," Vivi spat. "He just knows how to keep up a good public image. He knows that not even my father will suspect him if he pretends to have Alabasta's interests at heart."

"This is a lot to take in, Vivi," Kohza said, rubbing a hand over tired eyes.

"I know, but you have to believe me. If you don't call off the rebel army-"

"I believe you," he said quickly. "It's just that I can't tell them what you've just told me and expect them to believe me. But we haven't made a move yet, so there's still time. Does your father know about this?"

"No, but I can send a message to him," Vivi replied.

"Good. Tell him everything you just told me. I'll send a request to the royal army to meet with King Cobra for negotiations. We'll make an announcement to the public that we're signing a treaty. That should throw a wrench in Crocodile's plans. Until then," he turned to Kebi. "Nothing leaves this room." Kebi nodded.

Vivi let out a breath she didn't know she was holding. "Thank you," she whispered.

Kohza was silent again before speaking. "I'm sorry, Vivi. For everything."

Vivi leaned forward and hugged him. "It doesn't matter," she said. "All that matters is that we can fix this and prevent the bloodshed."

"What will you be doing in the meantime?" Kohza asked.

"I'll be keeping an eye on Baroque Works. Actually, I was brought here by the Strawhat pirates. Without them, I wouldn't have even made it this far. But with their help, I have faith that we can put an end to Crocodile's plans."

Kohza raised an eyebrow. "I'll take your word for it. But be careful, Vivi."

Vivi smiled. "I will." She exited the room to meet Sanji and Chopper, and Kohza followed after them. During the entire encounter, no one looked towards a certain dark corner of the dimly lit room.

If they had, they would have noticed a lone crystal blue eye on the wall, watching them from the shadows before it blinked out of existence.

A/N: There was a mistake I made on this chapter that I just fixed; thanks to you people who pointed it out!!