xl. | artisan

By the time Y/N had returned back to where her class had been sitting, the majority of the second round had finished and the third round was about to begin.

"Soma-san! You've finally returned!" Eager in her footing, Sakura had bounced over to the other representative as her eyes glowed a bright blue shade. The h/c haired girl provided a simple smile as she paused in her steps, noting a few other gazes had turned over in her direction. Her hand went to cradle her arm in a comforting motion, e/c eyes remaining unfazed despite her obvious displeasure in becoming the newly attracted spectacle. "Just what were you thinking during your watch with Todoroki-san? Even though you had said you didn't care about winning, you still went and pulled off a stunt like that. Are you insane?"

"Come on, Sakura-chan, give class rep a break already!" A cat girl leaned back, her hands gripping onto the railing in order to stop her from fully toppling over onto the ground. A lazy grin stretched upon her face, eyes gleaming attentively between the two other girls. Hanako, the female reminded herself, as Sakura turned around on her heel with a frazzled expression. "It isn't her fault she's like, insanely strong. Didn't she beat up All Might or something?" Her tail curled, forming a small heart shape while her grin became more unhinged, showing a shining set of sharp teeth. "Make sure to beat up the other class A kids, alright? We're all counting on you to win for us all."

"The story is getting even more deluded?" the reincarnator gawked as a shiver ran through her body, an unnerving disturbance growing inside of her. Just how powerful were rumors? The pink-haired girl simply shook her head with a sigh, her glasses slightly sliding down the bridge of her nose during the action. "I apologize for worrying you earlier, Sakura-san. I would have returned after I had been released from the infirmary but I had some business to attend to. I hope you'll forgive me."

"It's no trouble at all!" Sakura responded back with a little too much energy, spinning back around on her heels as both of her hands went in front of her chest. A nervous grin grew on her face as her eyes spun around, never lasting on a place for more than a few seconds before they moved once again. Her cheeks brimmed a bright matching shade of pink to her hair. "I'm just glad you're alright! To think, you actually beat one of the top students in the hero course!"

"You should have seen her. She was on the edge of her seat," Hamamoto laughed out from where he had been sitting, shortly blowing a piece of hair out of his face a moment after. His arms were crossed over one another, supporting his head and he laid on them. "We were getting ready to bring her over to the infirmary."

"I-I was not!" the class representative shot back quickly. The monochrome-haired boy raised a brow suspiciously, the air of amusement present in his actions. "I was just worried! That's all!" Y/N could only hold back a short laugh as the argument devolved into a mess of words, the cat-girl and deer-boy relentless as they continued to mercilessly tease the flaming red representative. Their interest was quickly lost in favor of teasing, the female feeling an air of relief pass through her as she made her way over to one of the open seats. She slid in silently, not missing the stare Shinso had given her as she sat beside him.

"You feeling alright now?" He looked at her, considerate with his tone. He gained a nod in response, the female settling down rather efficiently despite the disruptions surrounding them. "You're pretty popular with the kids from the hero courses. Can't believe you even managed to get away from them. They were clinging pretty hard to you earlier. Well, if you ever need help dealing with them just let me know. It's not like they notice boundaries or anything."

A single hum escaped from her as her lips pursed, hands silently sliding over one another on the top of her lap. "They're very straightforward with their feelings, aren't they?"

He simply hummed in response, a passive look on his face as he looked down at the arena with little interest. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for your next match? You'll be going first again so you don't have as much time to prepare as everyone else does." She blinked, mulling over his words as purple eyes slightly glanced at her from the side. "The class will be pretty disappointed if you lose now so do your best, alright?"