Hasel and Grentel

Since their screen time was so high, Hasel and Grentel decided to go to a digital-detox-youth-hostel.

At first they tried to use a map for navigation, but after getting lost within the first 9 meters, they had decided to use google maps instead.

They were walking through the forest for what felt like ages until they saw a small cottage between the trees smelling like rotten game pie, but looked like it was made of the most delicious kinds of sweets.

Grentel was hesitant to approach the house but a quick glance at the screen of her phone made her realize that the connection was lost and google maps wasn't working anymore.

It was getting darker and darker and it seemed like there was no other option than knocking at the door.

Suddenly the door opened and an old lady looking like a stoner approached the two kids, eyes red, drool pooling at the corner of her mouth.

"Hey kids, would you like some weed?" She asked, slurring the words.

"No, actually we were trying to find the DDYH" Hasel spoke.

"What was that again?"

Hasel and Grentel exchanged a look of confusion.

"It means digital-detox-youth-hostel. Could you tell us how to get there, if you remember?"

"Well now that you mentioned it, actually i'm the owner of the DDYH"

"Oh yeah ? Great!" both excitedly said. "Can you show us our rooms?" the old lady grabbed Hasels arm and smiled exaggeratedly sweet.

"Sweetie could you start bringing the luggage into the two free rooms upstairs?" she asked Grentel who immediately entered the house.

In the mean time, Hasel was dragged into the kitchen. The old lady offered him a soup, but instead she grabbed her kitchen knife and dismembered him.

While he was left to bleed, she cut of his arms and legs. She laid him on the table and slit open his belly. After taking out his insides and putting them in a mug, she waited for the microwave to finish her mug cake of innards.

Grentel entered the kitchen, asking for her brother.
The old lady hurried around, still standing in front of the microwave.
"Oh what's there under the table ? Do you have a dog?" Grentel asked, bending down to look under the table. Looking under the table, she saw the head of her brother, lying there. Grentel started screaming, looking around panicked.

She saw fingers and teeth as decoration, hanging on the window. She started screaming even more.
The old lady suddenly grabbed her knife again and sprinted towards Grentel.

At the last meters she slipped on the bladder of Hasel and fell on the ground, and accidentally stabbed herself in the cheats.

Grentel ran out of the house hysterically screaming and crying for help. She looked at the house one last time now realizing that the candies didn't look like candies at all, but rather like body parts of numerous children.

She started sobbing uncontrollably and tried to run out of the forest.
Vision blurry, she ran into the next tree. and blacked out.

She was never seen again.