Chapter Nine

A Week Later

"I don't care, Hao. I want you here asap. Don't forget to bring the lights on your way." Sihmin cuts the line, fuming while preparing the refreshments in the kitchen.

"You ask." "No, you do." "You said you will." "That was a mistake." "Just ask already." Bickering about who would be the one to ask the agitated lady about the next task, Seungkwan and Vernon pushes each other not wanting to be the one to face her wrath.

*SMACK*

Rubbing the back of their heads, both of them turn around to see Junhui rolling his eyes at them.

"Go and decorate the stairs, idiots." Hearing the commotion, Sihmin makes her way towards the three boys.

"What's all the fuss about?" Vernon and Seungkwan sprints out of the kitchen leaving a quizzical looking Sihmin with a smirking Junhui.

"You know you're getting grumpier day by day." Junhui points out causing Sihmin to frown.

"So what? It's not like I care-" "See, this is what I'm talking about." Sihmin's eyes soften while she sighs heavily, embarrassed of herself.

"It's not what I think it is. Or is it?" Junhui wriggles his eyebrows while Sihmin makes her way inside the kitchen again, dismissing his words.

"Don't you think you did him wrong? At least talk to him." Junhui follows her inside.

"Jun we've discussed this already-" "Mina, you ain't getting it. You're hurting him as well as yourself. For God's sake, both of you love each other." Junhui raises his voice but stops as he catches the sight of tears gathering at the corners of Sihmin's eyes.

"I told you and Hao that we'll not argue on this again. If you're really my well-wisher then please stop. Let's not spoil our evening." Passing Junhui a dull smile, Sihmin leaves the kitchen while the former only shakes his head in stress.

~~~

"Wow. Is this really my house?" Seungcheol asks, mesmerized followed by an awestruck Wonwoo.

"We just left for a few hours and this is what all of you did. I'm impressed Ms Choi Sihmin." Sihmin passes a smug look to Wonwoo causing the boy to grimace.

"I'm impressed as well Mr Jeon Wonwoo. You made my oldie of a brother look fashionable for once." Seungcheol passes Sihmin a glare, as if it was effective ever.

"Mention not. I'm the genius after all." Done with the younger ones humor, Seungcheol makes a poker face.

"If you boys excuse me, I've to get ready as well. I hope until then you'll do good in entertaining the guests." Seungcheol's eyes follow his sister's retreating figure. As much as she tried to show that she was fine, she wasn't and Seungcheol knew.

"I've a lot to payback to her, Wonwoo." Seungcheol voices out causing Wonwoo to pat his shoulder.

"Then clean the mess you created."

~~~

"Hao, it hurts. Its hurts!"

"Just a few seconds more, Mina. It's almost done."

"Ow, ow, ouch!"

"After all, it takes time to fix the appearance of a broken person."

"Boo, stop being a bitvh for once."

"And done! Ta da!" Turning her around to face the mirror, Minghao smirks pleased with his product.

"I didn't know you were this good of a hair stylist as well." Sihmin stares at her reflection, quite satisfied.

"The same way you didn't know I was an exemplary make-up artist." Seungkwan sasses, passing Sihmin a rose pink lipstick to give a final touch to her makeup.

"So how do I look boys?" Sihmin turns towards the two artists who assisted her in getting ready for her brother's birthday party.

"Stunning." "Enough to turn heads tonight."

Making their way downstairs, the three friends get on greeting the guests.

"Someone's looking pretty." Sihmin beams once she sees the owner of the voice and greets him with a hug.

"Shua oppa!"

"Keep something for me too, cuz."

"Jacob!"

"I'm really glad both of you showed up but right now you're suffocating me." Escaping the tight embrace of her cousins, Sihmin takes a deep breath.

"Who are we to decline Lee Sihmin's invitation?" Jacob tries to ruffle Sihmin's hair but the latter dodges successfully.

"Can't believe, my buddy's turning older." "Yet here you're celebrating his old age." The duo snickers and high fives, not letting go of a single chance to tease the female.

"As if both of you're any younger. Shua oppa, you're literally his age. I'll tell-" "Excuse me Mina! Coups hyung's in the backyard, calling you. It's urgent I think so. Till then, let me quarrel with your cousins on your behalf." Cutting Sihmin mid sentence, Vernon pushes her and catches up with the North Americans, he got along well with since childhood.

Grabbing a drink from the nearest table, she walks across the living room towards the backyard not knowing what was waiting for her or who maybe.

~~~