Chapter Seven

Sihmin locks herself in her room as soon as Sangyeon drops her off. Lucky for her, Seungcheol wasn't back home yet. She didn't want to face her brother after all the turmoil.

On the other hand Nori spends the evening of their gone wrong double date with Seungcheol comforting him and trying to reproach him. Although Seungcheol didn't seem to admit it, but deep inside Nori knew that her words affected him.

The next day, Sihmin skips her classes and disregards all the messages and calls from her friends and Sangyeon. Seungcheol tries to talk to her and feed her something but she shuts herself off completely from him causing him to leave for work, defeated. Another message illuminates Sihmin's phone's screen.

Bae💕
I'm coming over in 10.

"I don't think I'm ready to face him." She whines to Kkuma, hugging it to herself and the dog yips in return.

Sihmin knew that she couldn't avoid Sangyeon any longer so she gets off her bed. Inhaling a hefty amount of air, Sihmin makes her way downstairs without even taking a look at her pitiful state.

The doorbell rings indicating her boyfriend's arrival just as she feeds Kkuma it's food. Sihmin opens the door only to be embraced by Sangyeon.

"I was so worried. Why weren't you answering my calls?" Dismissing his questions, Sihmin distances herself from him and looks him dead in the eyes.

"Let's talk." Her empty eyes were enough for Sangyeon to pray for the odds to be with him today.

~~~

"You and oppa are equally precious to me, Sangyeon. It's because of oppa that I never felt the absence of our parents in these last 6 years. He went through so much just to fulfill my wishes. I can't ever think of hurting him." Sihmin vents out while Sangyeon keeps on rubbing circles on her hands.

The couple was sitting on Sihmin's front porch. The Sun was shining brightly in the clear, blue sky contradicting their melancholy.

"We can do something together. We can convince him." Sangyeon proposes trying to cheer her up.

"I don't think I can, Sang. He never got angry with me. Yesterday was the first time I saw him mad at me. I don't know why but there must be a reason. He never thought about himself Sangyeon. Now that he has, I can't take away his happiness. I ca-can't be the selfish one, not after he has been selfless all his life." Sihmin sniffs while Sangyeon stays quiet beside her knowing well where this was going.

"What do you want then?" Sangyeon asks in voice as low as possible. His heart aches, dreading even the thought of what Sihmin was going to say.

"Let- let's just break up."

~~~

Feeling tiresome after working the whole day, Seungcheol enters their house to the tantalizing aroma of food. Kkuma welcomes him at the door. After petting the fluff ball, he follows the smell and makes his way to the kitchen only to find his sister setting up the table.

"Oh you're back. Freshen up quickly, I've made your favorite today." Sihmin takes Seungcheol by surprise.

For a second he thinks, he was hallucinating due to over exertion but after seeing his sister trying hard to maintain the happy demeanor, he gets that something definitely went wrong.

"I broke up with Sangyeon." Seungcheol's jaw drops while his fork makes the clink sound after falling from his hand on the plate.

"Oppa, I'm totally fine. You don't have to worry. It's not every day your brother asks you for something now. Is it?" Sihmin's bottom lip trembles as she tries her best to maintain the cheery facade in front of her brother.

But who was she trying to fool? Choi Seungcheol knew his sister better than that. He practically raised her. No matter how much Sihmin tried, Seungcheol always knew how to read her eyes. Same went for Sihmin.

Seungcheol feels a pang of guilt in his chest upon seeing his sister's state. He was reminded of the times when Sihmin used to show that she didn't care about her grades but in reality she tried her best to maintain her scholarship so Seungcheol didn't have to pay her school fees.

"Mina, you didn-" "Your birthday's coming next week. I'll be throwing a party and no one's stopping me. Besides I've to meet your girlfriend too. So make sure to invite her." Cleverly, Sihmin changes the topic of their conversation.

Seungcheol goes with the flow, not wanting to force her anymore. He takes a mental note to assuage the guilt he felt later by doing what was right.

"Jun and Hao will help me with the planning. Only a few close friends will be invited so your introverted ass doesn't feel awkward." Seungcheol listens to Sihmin babble while enjoying his food but chokes at the introverted remark.

"First of all, I'm not an introvert. Secondly, is this the language to use with your oppa?" Sihmin giggles in reply to Seungcheol's glare and puts her plates in the dishwasher.

"Says the one with an I in his MBTI, nevermind. I'm going to complete my sociology project. Don't forget to wash the dishes." Sihmin hurries to her room without waiting for Seungcheol's reply.

"The same sociology project she submitted yesterday. When will she learn to lie?" Seungcheol's stomach churns by thinking about her distress.

~~~