First time

*Sebastian*

The last weeks had been an absolute emotional chaos, if I was completely honest. It had all started with the sudden death of my ex-girlfriend, the mother of my children. She had been in a car accident and had been dead by the time the emergency services had arrived. It was something I had never expected.

It had been an unexpected pain. Because even though we had broken up shortly after our daughter was born, we had still gotten along well. We just hadn't loved each other anymore, but that didn't mean we didn't take care of the kids together. We raised them together, had the same goals and values.

I still remembered the phone call from her mother. A terrible pain to hear her crying like that. The children had been with me, as in fact they were most of the time during winter break. And I had had to tell them that their mother was dead. That they would never see her again. It had been the most horrible thing I had ever had to do in my life. I would never forget that day. Their faces, their crying.

I had had to find a way to keep everything going. I had to find a way to keep working while taking care of the kids, because I couldn't always take them with me to the Grand Prix. I was constantly traveling and I couldn't ask my parents or my ex-girlfriend's parents to give up their lives for the kids. I couldn't expect them to do that just so I could go on with my life. So I had to find a solution.

And found myself in countless interviews with potential nannies.

It had been awful and had taken me weeks to find someone suitable. And it certainly wasn't about looks for me. I just wanted someone who felt good. Someone who made me feel it was okay to leave my kids with her or him.

Most of the suitors didn't even get to see my kids, because if I already didn't feel comfortable with them, I certainly wouldn't let them loose on my kids. Only when I was sure that my children were comfortable with that person would I let them near them.

Finally, I had found someone who felt right. Tessa was nice, a wonderful cook and most importantly she was very good with my kids.

She was my children's nanny for two weeks and I really felt that it could work out so that I could keep my job and take care of the kids at the same time. So I invited them to come and see the free trainings in Spain. And that was the beginning of all the bad luck.

They had been in my garage to see me first. I had shown the kids a little bit, then I had had to go to a meeting. Tessa had wanted to look around the pit lane with the two of them. I had been so sure that my kids were in good hands with Tessa. But she lost them.

Charles blamed himself, because he had fallen for Tessa's flirtations when she had shown up in the Ferrari garage with my children. She had flirted with the Monegasque and let my children out of her sight. Benno and Evi had been too bored to listen to the two, so they had played hide and seek.

It had been Benno who had come crying to the Aston Martin garage because he hadn't been able to find his little sister and then Tessa hadn't been to the Ferrari garage to help him either. In the meantime Tessa had noticed that the children were gone and together with Charles had started to look for them.

In the end, all the pit teams and drivers who had been there had searched for my children. Esteban had found Evi at some point behind a pile of tires in front of the Alpha Tauri garage. She had fallen asleep because everything had taken too long for her. I had been immensely relieved, but had had to fire Tessa.

And so I was back at the beginning of all my problems.

Finding a good nanny was almost impossible and I had really thought about quitting racing until Mick had come running with his cell phone.

I was nervous to meet Luisa now. Mick seemed to be a big fan of hers and have an extremely deep emotional connection to her. Whereas I virtually didn't know her at all.

It wasn't that I didn't trust Mick. Quite the opposite. She was certainly a cool person and it was certainly nice to be with her, but this was something else entirely. She was supposed to take care of my kids, maybe, and so I set different standards for her than I would for SOMEONE I just met.

What if I misjudged her? What if she would leave my children alone too? What if...?

Mick and I waited at the entrance to the pit lane for her cab to pull up. She had arrived at the airport a good hour ago and had let Mick know she was almost there now. It made me nervous as hell.

Finally, I could see a cab. Mick started doing little jumps of pure joy next to me. He seemed so happy to see her that it almost carried me away a little.

The door of the cab wasn't even half open when he started running. She barely managed to get out of the car before he had practically run her down, lifted her up and pulled her so tightly into his arms that for a moment I was afraid he would crush her.

His laughter filled the air around us, then I could hear her laughing.

A warm shiver ran down my spine.

She wrapped her arms around Mick and squeezed him tightly before he set her back down on the floor. His smile was reflected on her lips as she looked up at him.

Then she turned her face in my direction and our eyes met for the first time. The gleam of her warm eyes simply eclipsed everything at that moment. I saw only her, while a flash shot through my entire body.

For a moment I forgot how to breathe while she held my gaze.

My heart began to race. A lot of adrenaline shot through my body. Just looking at her felt like I was having a duel right wheel to wheel with my Formula 1 car, which I was winning. Pure adrenaline, pure will to win.

Mick turned around laughing, but I hardly noticed him.

I saw only her and her warm eyes that seemed to see right through me.

It took me a few breaths to clear my head. I had never felt anything like this. All of this was completely absurd, but I was incredibly attracted to her. In every possible way.

"Hi.", she approached me with a smile, holding out her hand.

"Hi.", I replied, still a little beside myself.

"Nice to finally meet you. I'm sure Mick has mentioned it, but I'm really a big fan of your work."

"The pleasure is all mine," I regained my composure and grabbed her hand.

Her hand nestled warm and soft against mine. Inevitably, I couldn't help but think about how her hands would feel on the rest of my body and how my hands would explore her warm skin on the rest of her body.

My heart was still beating pretty fast, pumping blood to regions that I really didn't need well perfused right now. I needed my brain now, but it was just shutting down due to lack of blood. Her scent rose to my nose and before I had really thought about it, I had already spoken it.

"I want you to meet my kids. They're already excited.", I hadn't let any of the suitors even get close to my kids before without asking them out first, but right now everything inside me was shutting down.

"I'd really like that.", she smiled before withdrawing her hand.

Good. Then I would just ask her a few questions on the way to my kids, though whether or not I wanted to try her as a nanny was hardly a question. This time it wasn't my head that had decided, but the rest of my body had decided more clearly.