Playing "Dumb"

Arlo wasn't stupid. He wasn't as dumb as to actually ignore two kids running down the stairs. It wouldn't be....right to do so. Not that he truly cared about them, but it was his title as King in which was valuable to him. THAT is something he wouldn't allow to be tarnished willingly, not while he was still here.

So when he saw them run down the stairs and through the hallway with bruised and scratched knuckles, dirty uniforms-and a slight patch of blood on one of their ties, of course he was going to see what happened on the roof. There was no other real reason not to.

And there was no appropriate word or phrase Arlo could use at the moment to describe what he was seeing.

(As described previously, John was in bad condition. But for the sake of it all, I will go over it again because I like drama).

The male student could be seen in a fetal position on the floor, a pool of blood forming around the left side of his face, with additional wounds on his chest, face, and arms, along with the bruising along his left arm, which was bound to get worse and reveal a possible broken bone.

His breathing was rather labored, but it was still there. A good sign. However, there was one other problem.

Arlo was...actually angry seeing this? It was rather odd, of we take into consideration that he normally wouldn't care about something like this. Perhaps it was because of how violent the beating was. Or, that there was blood everywhere, and it was a was a waste of a good uniform. But who can truly know!

And with that; Arlo begrudgingly helped John up to his feet, slinging an arm around his own shoulder. The king wasn't even sure if he could walk, let alone if he was even conscious. But still, he had to try. Trial and Error existed for things like this for a reason.

John writhed in pain when he was moved, but no sound could be produced. He was too busy focusing the last bits of energy he had on moving one foot in front of the other, not caring if he stumbled. The very last thing he wanted to do was hit the floor, for the student knew he wouldn't get back up this time. He couldn't even speak if he wanted to anyway, his entire body was practically on fire.

Arlo sighed, letting go of a breath he didn't know he was holding. At least John wasn't dead! Yay! In all seriousness, you really would have thought he was gonna die because of all the blood that was on the ground and uniform...

But that's not the case now! Yippie!

Wellston's King and the injured cripple slowly made their way down the roof staircase, not a single word exchanged between either one of them. Mostly because Arlo hadn't the slightest clue in what to say. And why would he even talk to this loser? Helping him to the nurse's office was already a stretch in "generosity." If anything, a waste of time.

But still, the king had made a deal with John anyway. He did say he'd meet with John on the roof during lunch, and that he did. Kind of. But then the kid got beat up over God knows what, so bringing John over there would technically still be a part of the deal.

However, once there, John had stopped walking. Despite looking after if we were to fall over if he didn't continue moving, John stopped. The other boy glanced at him curiously, wondering what made him stop.

"You-. Were late."

And just as suddenly as he spoke, John's eyes rolled towards the back of his head as he fell to the floor.

(AN: Okay so basically this didn't come out for months because I was dealing with ALOT and physically couldn't muster the will to write things out. But hey, at least it's here now!! Hope it's a good read tho, I fear I have gotten rusty 😔)