Bonus Chapter: Remember Me

Start from the beginning

"I don't think having your mate already away at college is gonna make anyone jealous of me, daddy. But thanks, at least I don't have to wonder anxiously." - He sighed, a tad disappointed.

He's gonna face a long distance relationship like Junior and Jeff, but it goes with the territory. Hopefully, next year he'll join his mate at university - if he gets accepted to Rice University, which I'm confident that he will.

WEEKS LATER.

Dad organized a visit to the Stonehold office, where he brought me and Liam.

It's a large building downtown that houses the controlling operation of every Stonehold business and real estate management. Not only that, but they also help with the pack bureaucracy.

Most of the employees are second cousins to my dad, but there are some non related lower levels, like Liam's mom - who smiled at us as soon as she saw her son.

"George, this is Jeffrey Stonehold, our senior accountant. He manages the pack books and is one of the people responsible for our fiscal efficiency." - Dad introduced us. I shake his hand.

"Jeffrey, this is your future Luna Liam Forsythe." - Dad continued, smiling. Liam also shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Liam. I heard so much about you from your mom already that I feel like I know you." - He said with an amusing tone.

We all greet Mrs. Forsythe who works as his assistant and seemed legitimately proud of her son.

"It's nice to finally meet you, sir." - Liam greeted him, smiling politely.

"George, it's very important to remember: though we manage the pack accounts, it's not our money. The most important part of Jeffrey's job is that he reports to the Elder Council, who must approve our expenses. It's not like my money that I can spend on anything I want." - Dad lectured, getting nods from his cousin.

"I say this because if Jeffrey doesn't do his job, I can be removed as Alpha by the Elder Council." - Dad continued in a somber tone.

Both Liam and I gasped at this.

"Wow. Who ever thought accounts hold such power?" - I snickered, to my dad's glare.

"Son, whoever holds the money has the power." - He stated with a poignant look.

"Don't worry, Alpha. You will never be impeached on my watch, I promise you. Also, I don't hold the money. That's Simone's job." - He said playfully.

Dad laughed at this.

"You're right, cousin. That's my next stop. Thank you for your time. Keep up the good work." - Dad patted his back and we're off to another floor.

Liam hugged his mom before we left. Honestly, you'd have to see her face. The woman looked so proud of her son. It warms my heart.

When we reached the top floor, dad continued introducing everyone around, who bowed their heads to him.

"Son, this is the boss lady Simone Stonehold Adams. She makes sure our bills are paid on time and there's food on our table." - Dad said in a humble tone.

"I help, Alpha. Our team does most of the work." - She replied, politely.

"Nice to see you again, Mrs. Adams. How's the pregnant one?" - Liam spoke, smiling at her.

"Hating bed rest. You know my son. But he's ready to pop at any moment now." - She replied, promptly.

"Liam, would you mind waiting outside for a minute. I need to talk privately with my son and cousin at her office." - Dad asked my mate, who evidently offered no objection.