5/17

Beta: Manon, Carol, Eryn, Raina, nautika

Disclaimer: I own only the plot; Tolkien though was the one that created the great world of Middle Earth. I do not own the Lord of the Rings (and associated) book series, nor any of the characters from it. I do not make any money from the writing of the story. 

Hours later...

Gimli woke and saw Legolas' eyes were open and staring at him. Next to him was Aragorn, who had his eyes closed.

"Aragorn. Aragorn!" Gimli called. His eyes were on Legolas.

Aragorn woke up when he heard the dwarf. He looked at him and asked, "What?"

"He is awake." Gimli motioned towards the elf.

Aragorn glanced at Legolas and saw that the dwarf was right. He moved closer to his friend and asked him, "How are you feel?"

There was no answer from Legolas.

"Please mellonen, tell me that you are feeling alright..." Aragorn begged to his friend, hoping to hear his voice. Then there was a sound.

Legolas moved his lips and whispered, "Water..."

He felt as if his throat was burning... He closed his eyes, praying that the pain will go away. But it did not leave him.

Aragorn boiled the rest of the water and made another tea from the herbs. Once again Gimli helped to hold the elf's head up while he drank the tea.

After Legolas had finished drinking he teased weakly, "That was not water..."

"I know, my friend, but it will heal you," Aragorn said.

Legolas did not seem to hear what Aragorn had said, but he saw the man's lips moving. Legolas nodded.

"Gimli, talk to him," Aragorn said, thinking the dwarf needed to release whatever was in his heart.

Gimli came closer and leaned towards Legolas, who only stared at him and blinked.

Legolas' eyes became darker than before, which made the dwarf shiver slightly.

"It seems that I did not thank you properly for saving my life," Gimli said, continuing even though he did not receive any response from the elf. "No one has ever saved my life, except you; you have given me faith, and I thank you."

"Is that right, Gimli?" Aragorn asked, a weak smile on his face.

Gimli nodded; his eyes were back on Legolas, waiting to hear something.

"And what have I given you?" Aragorn could not resist asking.