INTRUDER

.
.
.
You eventually woke up. You sat up and stared at the blanket covering your legs. Your hair was a mess as it usually was in the morning, and there was drool on your pillow. Your mind was still silent. You rubbed the back of your head, thinking for a moment.

'Am I... alive..? Was it... A nightmare..?'

You thought to yourself, begging that the simple answer you had just made up in your head was the truth. Unfortunately, it wasn't and you knew it. If it was, why were you at Kevin's house? Why was your head so silent? Why..
Your thoughts were interrupted by Kevin serving you some toast and bacon on a plate.

"Hey, bud... How you holding up?" Kevin asked me, sitting next to me on the small couch.

"Being honest, I have no clue. I'm so.. bewildered dude..." You replied slowly, trying not to slur your words.

As you ate your breakfast, Kevin turned the TV on. The default channel popped up whenever you'd turn the TV on; The news. The news reporter was going over the many bodies that were discovered from last night as you felt sick to your stomach. Kevin changed the channel to a romance show. You couldn't name the show, but the people on it looked familiar. Kevin relaxed into his couch, letting out a breathy sigh. I looked at him, trying to restart my brain so it'd work again.

"Thanks for letting me crash here dude." Was all I could think of. There was so much I wanted to say that my lips wouldn't allow me to.

Kevin looked over to me, flapping his hand up and down, "Oh, don't worry about it man !" He smiled nervously while his eyebrows dipped to have a sort of concerned look on his face.

I smiled at Kevin and finished my breakfast, opening my phone. 11 missed calls from Mom. I read mentally to myself, sighing and calling the poor woman back. She was always a safety addict. She's a good woman, though. Love her to death, ya know?

"(Y/N) ! ARE YOU OKAY DEAR?? WHY DIDN'T YOU ANSWER ME LAST NIGHT ???" She frantically asked.

I took a deep sigh and thought of the best lie to help her from not worrying about me. "I'm fine, 'Ma, don't worry. I was just really tired from my night shift at the store.. I'm sorry." I said. It was the best lie my dead brain could think of.

I heard my Mom sigh from the other side of the phone, "Alright, alright... I see. Are you doing alright this morning?"

"Yeah, just kinda tired is all y'know haha." I softly laughed. Kevin glanced at me while i spoke to 'Ma. I know he thought I couldn't see him but I totally could. What a nerd.

I got off the phone with my Mom and turned my phone off, putting it in my lap. I turned to look at the TV, which was now playing what looked to be a soap opera. My brain laughed at Kevin for watching this shit, but in reality, I thought these things weren't the worst to watch. You got off of your ass a few minutes after talking to your mom, stretching and cracking your back. Kevin cringed at the sounds your bones made.

"You mind if I shower here? Aaaand maybe borrow some clothes.." I asked, rubbing my wrist.

Kevin sighed, "Yeah, it's down the hall to your left, my bathroom is in my bedroom so don't mind if my rooms a bit dirty."

You nodded and went to Kevin's room. You opened the door and was met with a pretty neat room, there were some clothes on the floor in some places but to you, this was considered really neat and tidy. You walked in the room and closed the door behind you. You picked some clothes from Kevin's wardrobe that you thought you'd be the best to fit you. Kevin wasn't the biggest guy, he was oh the skinny side, while you were taller and a bit chubbier. You sighed and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind you. You put the clothes you had picked out on the sink counter, turning the shower on and waiting for it to get warm. By the time you finished undressing, the shower was warm enough. You hopped into the shower, humming. Normally, you'd take showers to help your mind shut up. But now, it had done it itself. You were getting used to not being screamed at constantky by yourself with thoughts overflowing your head and spilling out your ears. You finished your shower shortly after and got dressed. You walked out of the bathroom and glanced to the window in Kevin's room, looking into his front yard. You swear for a moment you saw something, but just brushed it off and walked downstairs.