Chapter 10

Clara's POV

I am currently sitting on Danny's sofa, my ankle, now bandaged, resting on a pillow on the coffee table. We did end up going to the hospital after all, I just told the doctor that I fell on a hill and he seamed to believe me. I decide that I need a cup of tea, so I slip my ankle off the table and slowly stand up, it still hurts to bear weight on it, but the painkillers I was given have taken the edge off.

I limp through to the kitchen where I see Danny standing at the counter. He turns round to face me. "No no no! Go sit back down!" Danny rushes.

"Would you calm down, I'm just getting a cup of tea." I say calmly.

"No!" He replies "the doctor said you have to stay off your foot for a while."

"Danny" I start, but before I can continue he walks right up to me. I shriek as I am hitched over his shoulder and carried back through to his living room. "Danny! Put me down! I can walk!" I shout at him through fits of giggles.

"No you can't!" Danny laughs back.

"Put me down!" I ask again.

"As you wish." He says before dropping me so that I land on the sofa, but not hard enough that it would hurt me. This causes both of us to erupt into yet more laughter.

Danny places a kiss to my forehead before walking back through to the kitchen and then reappearing a few minutes later with two cups of tea and a plate of biscuits. He hands me my tea and sits down next to me, putting the plate over the space where our legs touched so that it was in between us.

"What am I going to do now?" I ask Danny, taking a sip of my tea.

"What do you mean?" He asks giving me a look of confusion.

"Well I can't go back to him, not after that." I explain.

"Of course you can't! I won't let you!"

"He's never done that before, he's never left me. One time he tricked three people into thinking they were going to die just to save me. He always told me I was something special. And then he just... Doesn't even try."

Danny wipes a tear that somehow made it onto my check despite my efforts before saying, "I don't know why, or how he could do that to you after all you've been through but I promise, I would never give up on you."

I can't help but let a small smile creep onto my face. "Thanks Danny." I reply somewhat happier, cuddling myself more into his side. "I just can't help but wonder what I did to make him change his mind..."

...

Another update! Hope you like it! More soon :D

Be happy and don't be lasagne! x