Chapter 21 Preparations for Migration

Start from the beginning

    Ning Xiaowen could only nod his head.

    The division of labor among the four, Du Cheng and Huzi are responsible for cutting off all the vegetables that are still growing at home, setting aside a day's worth, and pickling the rest. Ning Qiyan and Ning Xiaowen packed up the things that had to be taken away.

    Tents, uninflated air mattresses, bedding and clothes, medicines, stoves... After

    a whole day, everyone didn't bother to sleep until the things to be taken away were packed, and it was almost early morning.

    After eating something casually, they each climbed into bed to recharge their batteries.

    Before falling asleep, Ning Xiaowen mumbled over and over what he needed to take away.

    Early the next morning, before the temperature rose, the four of them went down to get their new certificates.

    Huzi went downstairs to look for bricks that could be used, while Ning Qiyan and Du Cheng violently removed the back seat of the car.

    They didn't bring much food, and it wasn't until the fall of the second year after the earthquake that the food crisis broke out in City D. Before that, the government had been distributing relief food. With the food they receive every day, they also bring some white flour that is not easy to store. Although it cannot be said that the food is good, at least they can eat enough. Most of them brought the vacuum-packed food such as sausages and chicken wings that they had found before, and canned pickles, which went with the rice.

    The quail cage was too big, so Ning Xiaowen decided to pack it in a cardboard box first, and then make it out of branches in the mountains.

    Before leaving, Ning Qiyan and Ning Xiaowen made all the eggs, quail eggs and vegetables that were hard to take away in the refrigerator. I removed my solar generator and moved it into the house, and then I started to move things to the car.

    Tents, bedding, clothes and other daily necessities are all tied to the roof of the car, and the trunk is filled with grain and other scattered food. Du Cheng is driving, Hu Zi is holding a quail box and sitting in the co-pilot, and the removed seat is where the food is stored. Ning Qiyan and Ning Xiaowen sat on the box of medicines, bowls, chopsticks, and seasonings, with chicken coops stuffed at their feet, while Du Dabao and the two kittens who were later named Ning Xiaobao and Ning Xiaobei flopped around in a limited space.

    We set off at four o'clock in the afternoon. Although the weather was still hot, the air conditioner was turned on all the way, so we didn't feel uncomfortable.

    When we drove to the foot of Cangyun Mountain, the checkpoint set up by the government blocked the road with roadblocks, and all four of them were allowed to pass after registering with new certificates.

    After passing the checkpoint, we arrived at the foot of Cangyun Mountain. The bus station and tourist station at the foot of the mountain have been converted into parking lots. Although it was still a bit messy, it already had the embryonic form of Ning Qiyan before his rebirth.

    "Hello, please show your ID."

    Parked the car following the signs, the four of them got out of the car and moved their bodies, and saw a staff member walking in the sentry box.

    After reading the documents, the staff returned the documents and took out a simple map from the folder.

    "This is a sketch of Cangyun Mountain. Originally, the existing buildings around Laihu Lake and the nearby temporary buildings were provided for the families of people who need special care. Healthy people like you can only settle down nearby or on the mountain. After the location is determined, it needs to be reported, and there is no special reason, and the location cannot be changed at will." The staff introduced.