ii. Guilt Is A Close Acquaintance

chapter ii , Guilt Is A Close Acquaintance ,
I Ride On The Rigid Back Of Despair

chapter ii   ,   Guilt Is A Close Acquaintance ,  I Ride On The Rigid Back Of Despair

˗ˏˋ 🫐 'ˎ˗

          The next day came along slowly, much to Indie demise. She was still upset about yesterday—she upset with Beau and the whole thing. She was also still feeling extremely guilty now, for snapping at George. However, she wasn't given much time I. The morning to dwell on things when Beau was an excited jumping bean the entire morning. She couldn't stay still for breakfast let alone eight hours until time for the game.

So as a way to distract herself, Beau announced to everyone that her and Indie were going to walk around to occupy their minds until the game began. So now here she was, in the death grip of Beau Johnson-Nyong'o who rambled on and on about what the Wesley twins did yesterday. "And Fred actually sprouted out of the toilet—can you believe that? I've never met his brother Charlie but, boy do I want to now. I mean—he literally poofed Fred into the drain, how funny is that?"

Indie rolled her eyes discreetly, and in a void voice, she drawled out. "Haha, so funny,"

Beau blinked, furrowing her brows with a pout, "what's got you in a bad mood, you were fine yesterday."

"No, I was fine yesterday morning. But then the Weasley's found us." Indie grumbled under her breath, eyes darting around the scene as she avoided any eye contact, clearing her throat after she sneered their name in annoyance.

Beau rose a brow, "those two put you in a bad mood? Was it because of what Fred said—cause I'll kill him. Or did George say or do something—if so tell me right now and I'll kill them both, no one hurts your feelings when I'm around—tell me—tell me."

Indie blew out in annoyance, her bangs lifting up gently before falling gracefully back into place neatly. "I don't listen to anything they say, I just find them incredibly annoying ... and loud .... and disrespectful."

Beau narrowed her eyes, "are you talking about the twins or just Fred — cause George isn't like that ... he's a sweet child, Fred's the one you gotta look out for."

Beau's words just made Indie feel more troubled by her rude actions yesterday. George was considerably the sweeter and nicer twin and yet she had been hateful towards him. Crossing her arms over her body, Indie hugged herself in a distraught manner and Beau analyzed her friend, taking a moment to realize where they were and the reality of the situation. Indie didn't feel comfortable here. And Beau was just now understanding her abnormally quiet manner.

Beau frowned, interlacing her hand with Indie's. "Look, I know this may seem like a bit much to you, but I promise it will get better. Just wait until tonight—we can either just walk around the entire day or we can go back and you can read that one book of yours ... oh, what is it? ... Janet Pearl?"