Chapter 48: A Date

Anakin looks at a mirror as he buttons up a well-tailored coat, accompanied by Yuri for advice on what the formalities are for Earth. She helps out Anakin by giving advice, Earth's standards of being a gentleman, and picking the right outfit.

They choose to go with a black coat, black pants, black undershirt, and a silk vest in the color of deep purple. Yuri hands Anakin the final touch to his tux, a purple tie.

Anakin: How do I look?

He asked after adjusting the tie around his neck. Yuri's face imitates a tomato with a blush upon seeing Anakin in his sharp tux.

Anakin: Yuri?

Anakin asked Yuri after she stares for too long, snapping her out of her trance.

Yuri: You look marvelous, Sky.

Anakin: All tha-- Sky???

Realizing what she said, she looked away and clamped her forearm tightly with an embarrassed look.

Yuri: I-I didn't m-mean... I'm sorry!

Anakin: It's all right. No harm was done.

Yuri calms herself a bit from the tension, still shyly looking away from Anakin with a flustering look on her face and fidgets with her long strands of lavender hair.

"Teenagers." It's the word that ran through Anakin's mind with a small smile on his face. But can he blame Yuri for acting like this? He is her idol after all, someone she looked up to.

Anakin: Ease up a little, snips.

Yuri: Snips?

Anakin: A little nickname to make us even.

Anakin chuckles a bit to himself, he then grabs a leather glove from the cabinet and wears it over his right hand to cover the mechno-arm.

Anakin: Yuri, I am grateful for your assistance in picking such an outfit. I hope it wouldn't be a pain to ask for your aid with one more thing.

Yuri: Anything that may please you, master.

Anakin: Please, there's no need for the formalities. This is not master to apprentice business, but as friends.

Yuri's heart skipped a beat when Anakin said that to her. She felt flattered by being viewed as a friend instead of only being viewed only as an student.

Yuri: W-what do you need help with, Anakin?

Anakin: Would you please watch over my daughter while I am out? I'll likely be back by morning. I would be grateful of you for doing such a thing for me.

Yuri: Oh-! It's no problem. I can watch over her.

Anakin smiled with his eyes reading gratitude all over them.

Anakin: Thank you, Yuri.

The two went downstairs at the front door and gave their farewells before Anakin takes his leave and heads to the staff parking, where his car awaits. As he is out of sight, Yuri feels a small hand tuck her pants. She looks down to see an enthusiastic Eri with her BD companion.