Chapter 34

TW: Kidnapping, implied rape threat, gunshots but there is relief and it gets better at the end of the chapter, though.

Macau and Kim:

"I don't even know why you brought her here! What did she ever do to you?" Kim said, shaking in defenselessness.

"You sure know a lot of things but this you don't?" Macau smiles, Kim bows his head "why else, Kim?"

Macau smiles, walking with a knife towards the sleeping woman.

"If this is about that girl Lin---"

"Don't speak of her or I'll show you exactly what your people did to her in a roleplay starring me and your..." Macau touches the woman's cheek with the tip of his knife.

"Please don't" Kim starts to beg.

"Don't what, Phi?" Macau said with the usual playful smile he always sported. Maybe it was harder with Macau, Kim thought. He at least had time to study Vegas. He thinks he even found his weakness. Definitely, that was great success, right?

Wrong

...because while everyone knew Vegas was a threat and was mindful of him, everyone overlooked Macau.

Macau, who excelled in the gun range, Macau who took up medicine, topping the entrance exam of one of Thailand's most prestigious medical schools. How stupid they all were because wasn't that something the family took as a weakness too?

Oh, Macau's too weak to study abroad. He so dependent on Vegas.

They've all been fools. Macau has probably never been weak. He was a ticking time bomb who studied everything at close range without anyone noticing. He honed his skills in fighting and in the academe, all the while acting like he was a typical rich kid but no, everyone should have known the quiet ones were the most dangerous. The quietest, most toned-down one is always the strongest. The dark horse no one ever sees coming.

Korn thought that was Kim. Now Kim knows another candidate was more fitting of the title because, who else aside from Macau realized there was a reason Kim had been so active? Who else realized he had someone other than himself to protect? Or that he had someone he wanted to take care of and runaway with? No one else. No one except Macau.

It was only him who made Kim tremble in fear and cry in desperation. Not even his father could do so.

So then, Kim tried to focus his blurry eyes on Macau. He gives up. Macau doesn't even need to do anything else for him to surrender. This is more than enough to make Kim his slave. He'd kneel in front of him and lick his shoes clean if he can. If only he wasn't tied to the ceiling. For now, all he can do is beg like never before.

"Please don't..." he cried. Macau raised an eyebrow in anticipation of what he might say next.

"Please don't hurt my mother."

Kim finally said the words as he sobbed in his tied-up, bound state.

Macau laughs and for a few minutes, only Macau's disturbing laughter and Kim's painful sobs were heard in the secluded place Macau brought Kim and his mother.

"Ah, but I want to, Phi. She's the reason why you were acting up, isn't she? If you didn't want to run away and live with your mother, my loved ones wouldn't have been hurt." Macau slightly pouts like a child and it sent shivers down Kim's spine when he spoke again, with life-threatening smile this time.

" I realized, though. Maybe you were doing this because you're a spoiled youngest child to a "loving" father so I thought maybe the solution to that was to give you a younger brother!" Macau clapped his hands in excitement.