chapter four: supply run

The wall was lined with every color combo of toothbrushes you could think of, and not even one of the spots were empty.

Everybody picked out a toothbrush: Tony red and yellow; Stephen red and light brown; Scott red and black; Thor yellow and white; Loki green and yellow; Bruce green and purple; Clint purple and white; Natasha black and red; Bucky blue and silver; Steve red, white and blue; Sam red, black and silver; Wanda red and pink.

Everybody tossed their's into the basket, except for Peter, who froze as he looked at all the options.

"Ah, I know what this is: choice paralysis" Pepper said, smiling softly as she neared the boy.

"Will you help?" Peter asked, voice a mere whisper in the big store.

Pepper nodded then looked at the wall, pausing for a moment before grabbing a red and blue one "How about this? Do you like this one?"

He smiled and took it from her hand, tossing it into the basket "I love it!"

-

They got shirts; skirts; dresses; shorts; pants; etc. Now they were at the shoe store and trying on different kinds.

Sam tried on a pare of black Nikes with red detailing and instantly loved how they felt, he just needed one size bigger. He held the box and waited patiently, a smile on his face.

Peter tried on red convers, accidentally grabbing three sizes too big. Once Peter saw his size wasn't on the shelf he frowned, and Nick went to go ask if they had any smaller ones in the back. Luckily, they did so Peter's frown was turned upside down into the most wholesome smile you ever did see.

-

Loki immediately grabbed the bracelets and held them tightly.

She/her: pink and purple
She/they: pink and yellow
They/them: yellow and green
He/they: red and yellow
He/him: red and black

Bonus: It/its: orange.

Loki pushed them all onto their wrist and was ready to cause chaos.

-

They all piled back into the car. Some of them still weren't really comfortable around the adults, but some (Clint) didn't care and were chill around anybody.

While most of them stayed quiet or said one or two things, Clint just embodied "sup"

Ya know he would just be talking and eating chips and talking with his mouth full. Like he was just chill and didn't care what so ever, which non of the other kids could seem to understand.

They all just collectively thought [How...?]

---
422 words.
Nov. 14. 2022.