LATER THAT DAY

I haven't been talking a lot to people but, everyone heard about the melt down at the lockers and those who didn't, they saw my swollen eyes and red cheeks.

Right now I'm in the auditorium, with the entire cast including EJ who hasn't spared me a look. We were going to have a photo shoot for the posters today and Big Red was our photographer.

The photoshoot was pure chaos we couldn't move a twig without Ms. Jenns supervision, so we gave up. I spotted Gina alone and decided to thank her for helping Ricky out.
"He Gina!" I said tapping on her shoulder, " Lila hey! Whatsup"
" I just wanted to thank you, Ricky seems to be doing much better now, and I was told it's you I need to thank"
" No problem, he helped me out too, also I'm really sorry about you and EJ" she said placing a hand on my shoulder.
" I'm sorry What do you mean?" I asked confused, " Well I heard he's dating Nicole, which doesn't make sense when he put in all that effort to get you, you guys would be so good together"
" I'm sorry, I'm so confused right now, and what do you mean by get me, weren't you his date for the homecoming ?"
"Yes but that was all part of the plan, to make you jealous so he can know your true feelings for him, but I guess things didn't work out too well for you guys ha"

I stood there with " What the hell are you on about" written all over my face, and I could tell the Gina had read it.
" Uhmm it did go well but, he blew you for her? " She asked squinting her eyes trying not to sound rude. I nodded my head in agreement before lowering it down to look at the thread I had pulled out from the hem of my shirt.

" It doesn't make sense Lila, he's pretty into you, there has to be another reason", " Doesn't matter Gina, it's over" I gave her a small smile and walked towards my next class.

3RD PERSON POV

Gina surfed the corridors of East High in hope to find Nini, she spotted her in the green room. "Nini hey! We need to talk", "uhmm yeah sure".
"You stole my shoes and a lot of other things.... " yes but you stole my phone first" Nini interjected, " Yes I agree, But you also betrayed Lila" Ninis face softened at the mention, " And I have been rude to all of you, but thats not the point, the point is, you and I should redeem ourselves by helping Lila and Ej".

Nini smiled and shook hands with Gina, the two girls had decided to help Lila and EJ.

EJs POV

I was in the cafeteria with my water polo team when Nicole walked in, "Hey babe" she said and took a seat on my lap, she kissed me and then went on to take a selfie, while I smiled half heartedly as she posted it on her Instagram.

I watched Lila walk into the Cafeteria and then walk back out the minute she saw me.

FLASHBACK Homecoming

After Ashlyn left and the coast was clear, Lila said she had to leave too.
"Yeah sure, just one thing"  I said  and then I pulled her close and placed my hand under her chin, I lifted her face up, and looked her in the eyes and then placed a soft kiss on her cheek not so far from her lips.
"No interruption next time " I whispered softly into her ears.
I thought I had seen the most beautiful site when I saw a deep red creep up her cheeks, with a wide grin she walked backwards towards the door.

"Goodnight Lily "
"Goodnight Eej"

Few minutes after Lily left I put on my shirt, and was about to leave when Nicole walked out from behind a locker, "Wow that was so cute!, 
EJ CASWELL is in love with a nerd".
"Nicky what are you doing here?" Oh I followed you after you're whole Punch bath situation, I didn't know I was in for such a surprise".

"See EJ, I am the queen her at East High, but that ugly girlfriend of yours thinks she can take my place by singing some sob song on Instagram. NO! So I have to take her down, I came here to make a deal, you and I will date and rule East High together"

"No, why would I even agree to that?, I like Lila I'm not gonna date you" I said confidently.

" Yeah, I figured you'd say that, so I came up with a backup plan, it's time for your little girlfriend to go viral again, but this time with this post" she had a picture of Lila and I from a while ago, it looked like we were in the middle of a make out session while I was shirtless. It was taking from an angle when it looked like we were kissing when in reality we didn't.

This could get her into a lot of trouble, Lila's mom is in-between jobs she can't afford the school fee, Lila's academic excellence has helped her bag a scholarship. If this image gets out she may lose her scholarship, as for me my dads a trustee at East High, sadly the picture will only make me cooler in the eyes of my peers, But Lila will shamed.

And so I agreed to Nicole's terms we had to date till graduation and I had to stay away from Lila.

Next: Hey Fake Boyfriend !