Homecoming

So while I spent the whole night sobbing and trying to get out the image of EJ leaning in to kiss me, EJ had decided to come clean to his girlfriend and it turned into a full on break up in front of all the theater kids. And I decided to miss all that drama because I couldn't look at EJ anymore, I hadn't responded to any of his texts.

EJ'S POV

This day couldn't get worse, I tried telling Nini the truth that she already knew, she broke up with me, then I had to fill in for Ricky at the rehearsals most awkward rehearsal of my life and to top it all Lily won't talk to me, I screwed up big time, I don't know why I decided to kiss her, I mean I've always wanted that but now she hates me. I was supposed to have a nice homecoming night and maybe win homecoming king but now that's the last thing I want,  I'm going to Lily's house, I need to apologize to her. I closed my locker when suddenly a tall figure appeared, "Now you have a chance to be a hero" said Gina Porter, what is with this girl.
"Stay away from me" I warned her, "Girls like her love a comeback" she said, I'm not falling for this again.
"You set me up, and then sold me out, So if I were you, I'd cool it" I reminded her that she clued Nini on the phone stealing.

"Oh, please.Don't waste your energy hating on me, Start thinking of the long game. Opening night is six weeks out, dude. Follow me, and you'll have the part of Troy and the girl"
"I hate to tell you this, but around here, seniors don't follow sophomores" I said trying to walk away.

" And when I said girl I wasn't talking about Nini" she winked and walked away.

Holy Shit !!

LILAS POV

Homecoming the best way to get over EJ Caswell, right now I'm in the changing room trying on dresses for Homecoming I'm going with Ash, she told me that EJ decided to skip this year.

I need this, a girls night with Ash, a break from EJ, new dresses, music, dance and that horrible punch that they serve at school.
I walked into the school with Ash, she looked the cutest in her black sequined pant suit, honestly I feel horrible I haven't seen her in a while, but Im gonna make up for the lost time, We took our seats with the theater club, I greeted everyone except Ricky, yeah we haven't sorted it out yet, Ricky and Biggie were having a conversation and I was eavesdropping, What! I heard them say EJ I had to okay?

" I don't believe this! This dude steals my girlfriend and twelve seconds after they break up, he's already playing the field" Ricky said.
Wait what does that mean, as if on cue,
"Excuse us These seats taken?" I heard Gina, she stood there with her arms linked with EJ's, he looked at me my eyes were filled with hurt, and his reflected the same, what is he upset about? I got up from my seat I need that punch now.

EJ'S POV

So I decided to go with Gina's plan, anything to get Lily to forgive me, but I have no idea what the plan was, currently I'm at the school gym entrance, "Last name is Caswell, first name is EJ. There should be two tickets" Gina said to Mr. Mazarra who was in charge of the tickets.
"Found it. Wait. When did you become "Nini"?"
"Good Lord! " I said rolling my eyes.
"There was a... last-minute cast change" Gina replied sporting a smile, Slyly referring to her  plans of bagging Nini's role as Gabriella in the musical.
"Whatever Looks like you're at table ten with the other theater kids Snap a photo on your way in Thank you Next! "
Gosh What if this back fires, I can't lose Lily I thought.

"Come on! " Gina said dragging me to the photo booth, "No way I didn't agree to photos"
"Relax. It's all part of the plan" she said,
"Right, and what exactly is the plan?" I asked frustrated about being kept in the dark.
"All will be revealed "
"Look, I agreed to take you here What else did I agree to?" I asked seriously confused.
"Fewer questions, more nodding Say 'cheese!' " and we clicked a few pictures posing as a couple.