marriages of inconvenience

Start from the beginning

Tawan's eyes seemed to narrow slightly, but in a flash, there was a smile on his face. "That's alright Vegas. Anyway, Tawan was just saying that unfortunately my trip is extended by a few weeks."

"Extended?" Vegas tried to keep the thrill out of his voice. "That's such a shame. I was hoping to get to have you in my bed soon." Tawan wasn't even close to being one of the worst fucks Vegas had ever had, but as the words came out of his mouth, they left a bitter taste against his tongue.

He truly didn't want to have sex with Tawan again. Not when there was no way in hell that he could ever measure up to Pete.

"Tawan was hoping for that too. But, this'll just mean that our reunion is all the more passionate." Vegas smiled only to keep from sneering. "And you'll miss me more. Tawan likes the idea of that."

"I'm not sure how I can miss you more when I already miss you more than than a suffocating man misses oxygen." Vegas wanted to vomit at his own words, but Tawan liked them, so he would deal with it. At least for now.

"Good, and Tawan misses Vegas as well."

"Listen, Tawan, baby," Vegas clenched his hand over his knee beneath his desk. "I better go take care of these work issues before my idiot employees ruin things. I'll talk to you later?"

Tawan's smile widened and he leaned in close to his computer. "Make sure to call Tawan when you get in bed. I'll help you have some fun so you don't miss me that much."

That was the last thing Vegas wanted. "I'll do that, Tawan. Have a good night." Before Tawan could say anything else, Vegas ended the call and then groaned, leaning back into his seat at his desk.

He glanced at his phone, wondering what it was that Pete was doing that was taking him so long. Vegas grabbed his phone and opened back up his messages, tapping in another new text with a smirk on his face.

PETE

Vegas: reply to me with a picture within five minutes or the next time I see you, you'll be getting punished.

Pete coughed, the water stinging his airways as it tried to go down the wrong part of his throat. He set his cup down, rubbing at his neck as he stared down at his phone with wide eyes, heat pooling in his stomach as he quickly took in the text Vegas had sent over and over.

You'll be punished... his mind flew with the thoughts of how, when, where. What would Vegas come up with to punish him? Shouldn't the threat of it scare Pete? Yet, here he was, feeling himself get more excited by the second at the prospect of a punishment. That wasn't normal, was it?

But Pete had decided he was done worrying about whether something was "normal" or not.

"Pete, you okay?"

"Hm?" Pete looked up at Maprang across the table with him, suddenly remembering that the two of them were having dinner together in her apartment. He should be paying attention to her, but instead his mind was only on Vegas' threat and how he very much wanted to obey Vegas' order and get a picture to him at once. He had plenty of pictures tucked away in a folder, but none of those were right—he needed something new.

"Sorry," Pete shook his head from his thoughts, sliding his phone back into his pocket where it seemed to burn against his leg. "Porsche sent me something totally inappropriate and it made me choke a bit. I'm fine."

Maprang gave a small laugh and rolled over her eyes. "Of course he did, that's totally Porsche." She took a bite of her food and Pete hummed in agreement, itching to get up.

He watched her for a moment longer and then scooted his chair back, standing from the table.

"Where are you going?" Maprang blinked up at him.