Zayn's POV

ZAYN'S POV

Today was... interesting. I met one of the cutest boys I've ever seen. Not everybody knows that I'm gay, so it's very unlikely that I actually end up dating someone in my high school years. I've never really liked anyone either so that doesn't really help my chances.

Liam has the most beautiful, chocolate eyes. They're the kind of eyes that you could get lost in. In fact, I got lost in them twice during the tour. I almost walked into two walls. I don't think he realised though. He's probably straight. I've only met two other gay people in my life, Harry and Louis. We're not super close friends, but we still hang out sometimes. They're probably the cutest couple I've ever seen and they don't even get bullied for it. It doesn't change my mind about coming out yet. I don't even think my parents know.

"Zayn, mate," Michael waves his hand in front of my face. "What's up with you today?"

"Nothing," I mumble. I try to hide it, but my eyes flicker over to where Liam sits, chatting with Niall Horan. Niall's a little Irish fellow with dyed hair, but he's probably the nicest lad I've ever met.

"You totally like the new kid!" Ashton says, slapping me on the back.

"I do not," I frown. "M-my mum just said... I need to watch out for him."

"You're a shit liar." Michael flips his bleached hair out of his eyes.

"I don't like him."

"Whatever you say, big guy," Ashton's sarcastic voice says.

I roll my eyes and take a bite out of my school pizza. Every Friday, we get school pizza per the request of Niall to my mum. I look back over to see Niall eating Liam's pizza, a surprised look on his face. Louis slaps Niall's hand, "Bro, he probably hasn't eaten all day. Stop stealing the new meat's food." They all laugh. I've always been good at eavesdropping. People used to hide things from me and the only way to figure things out was to eavesdrop. I could be a spy at this point.

Liam meets my gaze for a second before I look away. Shit, I thought. He's gonna find out. Louis and Harry both know that I'm gay, but I don't think that they would tell anyone without my consent. It was really hard for them to come out themselves so they know the struggle.

The bell rang to go to our next class. I've got another one with Liam. Maybe I'll get to talk to him this time. If I can't be in a relationship with him, I at least want to just be friends.

"It's... Zayn, right?" I hear a deep voice come up behind me, making me jump slightly.

"Uh, yeah. Liam?" I want to make it sound like I'm not obsessed when I speak to him. He's slightly taller than me with a more muscular frame. He's probably a sporty guy. Personally, I'm into art more. I paint, draw, sketch, and everything in between. I think I have three sketchbooks in my bag. I also sing a little, but that's besides the point.

"Yeah," he nods, a smile forming on his perfect lips. I sit down at my desk, sort of awkwardly with Liam just standing there, not knowing what to do.

"You should probably talk to Mrs. Twist to give you a seat." I give him a small smile and point to our teacher, Harry's mother.

He walks up, talks to her, and makes his way to the table next to mine. Michael makes his way into the room, sits in between Liam, and talks to me. I can't help but notice how nervous and lonely he looks.

My eyes keep flicking from Mike to Liam. Mike smiles at me. "Hm," he mumbles.

I punch him in the arm. "Shut the fuck up, Michael."

"Yeah, Mike, lay off the boy," Ashton's voice pops behind me as he takes his place on my left.

"Speak when spoken to, Ash," Michael deadpans, causing Ash and I to laugh. I notice Liam pull out a book and start reading.

"Go talk to him," Ashton whispers in my ear. I roll my eyes but eventually I comply.

I knock on the table next to Liams book. "Whatcha reading?" He looks up at me.

"Uhm, Jane Eyer." He looks at me sheepishly.

"A classic, nice," I laugh. Conversation kind of flows easily between us as we talk about our favourite books throughout the rest of the period. It was a free day in the class because we had already finished our summative for the science unit. It turns out he's a sucker for "feminine" classics. Authors like the Bronte sisters, Jane Austen, and other authors like them. I read those books too which helped better the flow of the conversation. We talked about our favourites, and why. Liam is really easy to talk to.

I find myself falling harder for him. Harder than I thought I would. What if he never ends up liking me back?