10

I enter the paddock with the Ferrari boys but leaving a space between them not wanting to gain more attention. The fans get crazy when they see them, everyone wanting a photo or an autograph. They try to greet everyone but it is pactically impossible. I see a little girl dressed in Ferrari gear calling for Charles' name so I go to her.

-Do you want me to get it signed?- I ask pointing at her cap while getting down to her height. The girl nod excited. I turn and look out for the monegasque.

-Charlie!- I call him while getting closer to him.

-You could have asked me for merch you didnt have to steal a cap from a kid- he joked while signing it. I roll my eyes but he takes off his cap and puts it on on me- Now you are a proper tifosi.

I return the cap to the girl and we keep our way to the Ferrari garage. As the drivers prepare for the free practice I stay at Carlos' garage catching up with Caco.

The free practices go without issue being both ferrari drivers in the top 3 both practices. So we decide to go out to celebrate having a dinner with some of the team. I get to meet Mattia and some part of the PR team and they all accept me without an issue. I sit beside Charles and Carlos but the monegasque barely talks during all the dinner. He seems in his own world and I attribute it to the pressure of the championship.

For now he was in the lead but nothing could ensure that he would continue like this with Max fighting tooth and claw to snatch it away.

We finish eating and retreat to the hotel again.

-I will get you to your room- Charles wispered in my ear while puting his arm around my back. I lean on him taking in the comfort he gives me as we get to my floor.- Im sorry for tonight I was a horrible company.

-Dont worry, I get it, you are stressed- I take his hand in mine- You need to be focused.-I pull his arm- Come here- I put my arms around his middle and he hides his head on my shoulder.- You put so much pressure on yourself- I caress his back- You need to rest Charlie I will see you tomorrow alright?- he start giving me little kisses. The first one on my head, on the side of my face, my forehead, nose until finally arriving to my lips giving me a a childish smile afterwards.

-I will see you tomorrow, come watch the quali from my box you will give me luck.

Liked by charlesleclerc, scuderiaferrari and 466.835 others

@ oliviamartin: I think it's pretty obvious who I'm cheering for🏎️♥️
________________________________________

The next day didnt start as well as the one before. I woke up with a call from my lawyers about the issue with my label and I had to stay solving it almost the whole day. I missed FP3 but was able to postpone everything to go to the quali.

When I get to the padok the drivers were already on their cars ready to start so I couldnt talk to either Carlos or Charles but just as I promised the monegasque, I went to his box were they gave me some headphones with which I could listen to the radio.