12~Vent'anni

Charles has been training in the gym for the past hour and he told me I was at home, so I decide to search around the house. I come across a room Ive never entered and decided to take a look inside.

It was a beautiful room with a huge loveseat just beside the window, perfect for reading. And in the oposite side a majestic grand piano. I decided to use that space to get some work done. I havent told Charles yet because I dont know if it will be carried out but Im working on a Charity show. My plan is to do it in Spain after the Italian GP, that way the drivers that would want to attend would have time to do it and I have a little less that a month to plan it. Idealy I would try to get some more artist to collaborate but I dont know what I can do with so little time.

I close the laptop feeling exhausted by all this. It would all be easier if my label did the job but now...

I look to the piano and decided to give it a try. Playing used to be one of my favorite hobbies But I put it aside to only play for work.

After playing some of my favourite songs from when I was younger I started to play a tune I was really familiar with. It was a song I helped write some years back with an italian band while I was in the country. This song brings me back to a time in my life with a lot of ups and downs. My carrer was on highrise and every day I was meeting incredible people who I workshiped but I was slowly loosing myself in the spotlight.

*For a better reading play Vent'anni by Måneskin*

-Io c'ho vent'anni (Im only 20)
Perciò non ti stupire se dal niente faccio drammi (therefore don't be surprised if I create drama out of nothing)- I sing as the first chords of the song start playing.

-Ho paura di lasciare al mondo soltanto denaro. Che il mio nome scompaia tra quelli di tutti gli altri (I'm afraid of just leaving money to the world and of my name disappearing among everyone else's)

-E già chiedo perdono per gli sbagli che ho commesso (and I already ask forgiveness for the mistakes I committed)

A small smile escape my lips even woth the sad tone of the song.

-Quindi scegli le cose che son davvero importanti. Scegli amore o diamanti, demoni o santi( So choose the things that are truly important. Choose between love and diamonds. Demons and saints).

I hear a knock on the door and stop playing turning to face the door. There was Charles freshly showered.

- Måneskin?- he asked coming closer to me- I havent listened to this song in forever.

- Do you know them?- He sits down besides me and nods.

-Can I?- he gestures to the piano. I left him space so he can get confortable beside me. He starts to play and gestures me to keep singing.

-C'hai vent'anni (And youre only 20)
Ti sto scrivendo adesso prima che sia troppo tardi (Im writing to you now before its too late)- he surprises me by singing with me. He has a beautiful voice too and plays as if he had written the song himself.

-E farà male il dubbio di non essere nessuno (The doubt about being nobody will hurt)- he looks at me with a grin in his face that makes my heart warm.

-Sarai qualcuno se resterai diverso dagli altri (You'll be somebody if you stay different from the others)- I I rest my head on his shoulder whatching how his fingers move on the keyboard.
-Ma c'hai solo vent'anni (but youre only 20 years old)- we finished and I stayed in my position holding onto his arm trying to savor the moment. It may not have meant a lot to him but it means everything to me. Being able to share this moment together. This song was a letter for my future self and now he was singing me those same words I wrote so long ago. As if he was destined to tell them to me.

- I think I might be falling for you- I hear him say. I close my eyes trying to check if I was imaging all this- Like, I want you to meet my family. I want to kiss you when I win a race. I want you to be with me in everything that matters to me and I want to be for you in anything that matters to you- I take his hand in mine and I can see its trembling. I dont even know how to put into words everything Im feeling right now so I hope my actions are worth it for now. I cup his face with my hands and kiss him with all the passion and sentiment I can produce.

The next morning Charles received a phone call from Ferrari's PR team. They proposed for us to fly a day early and record a interview for their channel. We would interview each other while Charles does a hot lap around the circuit. We thought it would be a great idea so thats what we did. After a long rired meeting explaining every legal detail we are finally getting ready to get into the car.

-Dont be too hard on me- he said winking at me after I put I put on the helmet.

-I will not promise anything- I say giggly.

_________________________________________

I had a shit day but at least the chapter is out😀 It was going to be longer but well...this is the most i can do.