009 ➶ Everything Is Blue

A/N: Revenge is a dish best served cold. Forgiveness is warm. Billy and Evie make some more progress. TW: Student/teacher relationship. Sexual refs. Abuse warning. Gaslighting. **Humbly asking for interaction. Comments, recs, and votes mean a lot if you're enjoying. Thanks!

** ** ** 

   "How much did she want?" Heather asked, crossing into the bedroom with a giant bowl of popcorn.

"She heard my voice and said she'd do it for free after Billy gave her two hundred that night. I think we should still give her something." Evie was sitting on Heather's bed so her friend joined. Billy leaned back in the desk chair across the way, eyes flickering all over Heather's royal bedchamber.

"Told you I gave the money away." He muttered.

"Where did the rest go? You got three hundred." Popcorn crunched.

He looked down with this somber shrug.

"I gave Brock's date a ride home. She was waiting for a taxi and, I don't know, she looked scared."

"His fourteen year old date." Evie remarked. Poor girl. Probably took her just because he could get away with it.

"What!" Heather almost dropped the entire bowl. "What a disgusting-"

"Yeah." Evie shook her head.

"I gave her the rest, felt like shit." Billy finished, eyes meeting Evie's when he looked up. She peered aside in a flash.

"So, Brock goes to church every Sunday if you can believe it with his parents and girlfriend. Her folks too since her dad's the pastor. Usually gets out just after noon. People linger outside, you know, to catch up. I think that's when you want to move in on the guy. Right in front of everyone before he can run off with his dick friends." Heather offered the bowl to Evie so she could munch on some.

"It'll work. Bubbles was all too excited to play actress." Evie smiled, cocking her head so Billy would cross to eat with them. He sat on the end of the bed. Peeked at Heather before grabbing some popcorn.

"Tommy didn't question why I asked for her number, he's not a fan of Brock either anymore." Billy licked his thumb. "Apparently, they figured he paid her and he got disqualified last minute. He gave Bubbles thirty just to show up so he's broke now."

"Tommy and Carol hate what you hate." Heather rolled her eyes.

"That too." Billy gestured and grabbed more popcorn, chewing. Weird to be sitting around like they were something close to friends. Revenge brought people together.

"If he sees us, he'll know something's up." Evie spoke. "I don't think Tannen sticks around after church though. Maybe we need someone in his circle to distract him long enough for Bubbles to make her move once everyone is out in the open. He'll definitely run the second he sees her show up. She told me the outfit she was going to wear. Whew, it'll be something."

"Might be weird if I show up. I mean, our parents run in the same groups and they get along...but I make it obvious I hate him."

"Turn him down a lot?" Billy pulled at his tee.

"Once a week, at least." Heather reclined to think.

"Who else do we know that's rich and unsuspecting?" Evie set the bowl aside, glancing around at Heather's walls covered in cut out magazines. They looked at each at the same time.

"I got it!"

Both girls peered at Billy's confused face before he appeared disgusted.

"Oh, no. Not him."