20.

Billy's pov

I don't know how I convinced my parents to let me go on this school trip. They've been on my ass ever since my mom caught me.

But I needed to get away. Away from them, my parents.

I walk to school alone carrying all my bags. When I finally reach the school there's a huge assembly before we leave. Telling us all the rules and crap like that. I just want to leave already. "What are you all waiting for!" The principal yelled and everyone started to run out to get a good seat on the bus. "Please no running!" She yelled again, but of course no one listened.

~

I walked straight to the bus, I didn't have to wait or talk to anybody. So I was one of the first people on the bus. But I didn't take the back it's always way too loud, I usually take the seat by the heater. So I have a place for my feet and it's nice and warm.

Soon enough the bus started to pile up. And it got louder and louder. "Role call!" one of the teacher said walking up the steps.

"James Costello"

"Yep"

"Sadie David"

"Here"

"Ryan Forman.."

And it kept going on and on with names. To be honest, I don't even know everyone's name. I don't really care. I should. But I don't. I only talk to a few people in my class, but not very much. I don't really call them my friends because they're not, I barely talk to any of them.

"Billy Showalter"

"Here"

"And Reese Weatherbie"

"Yepers"

"Ok that's everyone expect.. Vance Hopper. Does anyone know if Vance was here this morning?" Someone spoke up from the back and said "Didn't see him". Oh well great. The one person I was looking forward to hang out with this whole trip wasn't even coming.

BANG BANG BANG

"Excuse me young man please don't hit my doors like that!" The bus driver lady said as she pressed the button to let someone in. "Shut up granny."

"Vance, finally decided to grace us with your presence?" A girl smiled at Vance when he walked passed her "Go suck off that leprechaun again." He gives her the finger. She gasps. The whole bus when up in laughing tears. The pour girl started crying for real, humiliated by Vance Hopper. What a dream come true.

Vance didn't hesitate to walk down the aisle and sit next to me. Everyone was looking at him weird, especially his friends in the back seats who were probably wondering why he wasn't going back to hang out with them. "Tough night?" "Brutal. My stupid fucking mom only made food for herself so I was stuck eating cereal. Again." He sighed. Hitting his head against the sit.

"Ok that's everyone, let's get going!" Everyone sheered again. Then retreated back to there sits to talk with friends and the people around them. For the next 5 hours. Oh goody.

Vance was still leaning into the seat when the bus started moving, he didn't move an inch. I could tell how tired and exhausted he was from his crazy hair, which is usually nicely done curly and plump, and the small eye bags under his eyes. Out of instinct I put my hand up to rub his back. Whenever my sisters are tired they always like when I run there back it makes them fall asleep. But my hand never reached his back, I just barely grazed it when he shit up and grabbed my wrists. "What are you doing?!" Vance said sounding upset, why? "You look tired so I was going to rub your back" I said and he let go of my wrist, I look down and there's a mark around my wrist. "I don't like people touching my back." "Why not?" I can tell he's tired but I'll try and get a go at him. "I just.. don't like people touching me where I can't see.. I guess." He said rubbing his eyes. "Huh. That's weird. Your weird." I laugh "shut up Willy" making him go a slight pink.

3rd person pov

Billy and Vance would say something to each other once and awhile. Billy would try to start up a conversation but Vance is too tired to continue it. Eventually Vance fell asleep. Billy has no idea how because of how loud the bus was. But Vance was leaning his head on Billy's shoulder, and Billy was silently loving it. Vance's hair was all over his face but he didn't mind, it smelled like lemon and lavender. And Vance face was so peaceful when he slept he looked like an angel. Some may call that face pretty. But Billy knows Vance doesn't like to be associated with that word.

~

Billy dozed off as well but he didn't even realize until he was woken up by a feeling on his leg. He looked down and saw that Vance was resting his hand on his lower thigh by his knee ( don't make it sus ) Billy tried to get it off but Vance had a firm grip. "Vance let go." Billy said quietly since he was right up against Vance ear. He heard a small hum but that was it. And he didn't want to wake him up because it's not really a big deal. But it is. He's touching your leg right now. The little voice inside his head spoke. Loud enough the whole bus heard it. But in fact no one but him can hear the little voice. Billy blushed at the little voice.

Billy tried to get his mind off of the hand sitting, resting on his leg. But he couldn't. That's all he could think about. Especially because it was Vance Hoppers hand. Billy sort of went into a trance and stared at the hand on his leg. At that moment he had a thought and he was going to do it and he didn't care if anyone saw him, but he wasn't sure what he would do if Vance woke up. He took the hand off his leg and started to draw the other boys hand with his finger, tracing his 'lifeline' on his palm and old scares and cuts. Looking closely he saw small freckles that you could only see if you looked hard enough.

"What are you doing?" Vance spoke out of nowhere making Billy flinch and let go of his hand. "I-uhh nothing." Vance's face was the same thing as Billy's "You grabbed my leg when you were asleep an-" "Wait I put my hand on your leg. While I was asleep?" Vance said confused. "Um ya." Billy admitted. Vance looked like he was about to say something but he stopped himself and gave his hand back to Billy. "What?" Billy was confused this time. "Are you stupid? Continue what you were doing earlier." Vance said turning away from Billy to hide in embarrassment. "Your letting me.. play with your hand?"
"Yes shithead..."

Billy got excited at the thought of Vance letting him do this. Because he knew he wouldn't let anyone else do it. Vance hands were big, strong, veiny and macerated in wounds while Billy's were long and skinny and not an odd line in sight. White as a ghost.

Vance would lay his head on Billy's shoulder again watching the small nerdy boy draw on his hand. Both of there faces heating up. But they started to focus when the bus came to a halt.

"Welcome to camp everyone!"
_______________________________

Word Count: 1258

Yuhhhhhhhhh

Sorry I haven't posted. I was at a sports tourny and I got 🥈😭

But this fic make me feel like a W so here yas go.  😎