19.

Finneys pov

On the walk home from school I told Gwen about the camping trip, she said it sounds super cool and that I should go. But I'm still not sure. I'll be away from home with no tv for 5 days!

And I'm not even sure dad will say yes.

~

Me and Gwen were in the living room watching tv when we hear the front door open, dads home. "Hello dad!" Me and Gwen both shout from our spots on the carpet. "Hello kids!" He yells back.

"Finney now is your chance, he's not in a mood or anything. Go ask." Gwen said eagerly "Are you sure, I'll be gone for awhile. Can you watch the house?" Gwen squints her eyes and pouts her lips at me "I've done it every time you've went out to Robins house. Probably a million times." She said sarcastically making me blush. I push her to the ground.

I walk into the kitchen, dads unpacking his lunch and his work bag "Dad can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"In two weeks there's a field trip at our school, we're going to this fun camp and it's from November 7-11 and I was wondering.. maybe I could go?"

Dad stopped whatever he was doing and just stood there. I'm not sure if he's mad or thinking? Just please don't explode right in front of me.

"Do you know what, sure you can go." He turned around to face me leaning against the island. "Really! Thanks dad!" I ran over and hugged him, I don't remember the last time I hugged him. I think he tried to hug back but he didn't know what to do. "Thank you so much dad!"
"Ok ok enough, don't make me take it back."
"Oh ok sorry... thanks again."

I ran out of the kitchen to find Gwen in the living room silently clapping her hands. She probably heard everything and got super exited! "Yay Finney!" She said jumping in excitement with me

"I know! I don't know how he said yes."

"It doesn't matter, all that matters is your going and you are going to have fun."

"Yea it's gonna be awesome!"

~

November 7 finally rolled around and it was finally time for the trip... dun dun duuuuun. I didn't have a lot with me, I just had my backpack and another bag filled with clothes. I wasn't sure what we would be doing so I packed everything. Swim trunks, old clothes if we do something dirty, pjs, and some extra food. Just in case they decide to starve us.

And just like every other day me and Gwen walked to school together. All the other kids from our neighborhood walking also had their big bags for the trip.

"Well, this is where we go our separate ways my friend." Gwen patted my shoulder "Stop saying that like I'm going to the army or something!" I said which made her laugh "But seriously, don't think about me for a second. Just have fun." She starred into my eyes "You sound like my big sister, I am the big brother. Don't do anything fun without me!" I yelled starting to walk to my side of the school. "Bye Finney have fun!" She waved back.

~

Everyone had to meet in the assembly room before we were aloud to go on the buses. The principal stated some rules and expectations for the trip. And some teachers that would be coming with us also said some rules based on which grade they would be with for the trip.

There will be five buses, one for grade 9, two for grade 10, one for grade 11 and one for grade 12. There were a lot more grade 10s then any other level so they decided to give them two buses so they all wouldn't kill each other.

"Alright I believe that is everything. Now everyone is to head to the buses, everyone use the bathroom before you leave because you will be on the bus for 4-5 hours!" Almost the whole crowd groaned at the statement. Being in a school bus for that long is HORRIBLE. Especially with the god awful seats, you will paralyze yourself if you sit down for that long.

"What are you all waiting for!" The principal yelled and everyone got up in unison and started to run out of the assembly room. "Please no running!" But no one listened, they all just wanted to get the back seats on the bus. Everyone wants the back seats. That's where all the fun happens.

I was stuck in the crowd, barely staying on my feet. Running with the crowd I made it outside in seconds. Where everyone found there bus and started to pack everything inside. Everyone found there friends and walked onto the bus together, seating near one another. But I didn't have anyone to sit with well no one asked me.

Until I felt a tap on my back. I turn around to see it's Donna with a few other girls standing behind her, giggling. "Hey Finney I was wondering if you would like to sit with me on the bus?" Her face was a little red, I didn't really understand why. It was probably because of all her friends standing behind her watching her ask me. "If you sit with Donna you will hang out with us for the bus drive!" One of the girls behind Donna spoke up, she sounded very exited telling me that I'd be hanging out with them. Sure I would sit with Donna but I don't want to be watched by this girl posey.

"What do you say?" A different girl spoke up. Donna looked eager for a response "Um su-" I was cut of by a big strong arm rapping around my shoulder "Sorry girls but Finney is sitting with me." It was Robin. Well I mean, who else could it be. "Finney why didn't you tell us you were sitting with Robin?" One of the girls pouted. I didn't say anything, Robin did for me "Because he didn't want to say no to all of these lovely faces, but sorry again. He's sitting with me." Robin charmed the girls and they all blushed and giggled. They waved goodbye and went on the bus.

"Thanks Robin."
"No problem Finn, i could smell from a mile away that that was too much girl power."
"Tell me about it." We both laughed

"I know you wanted to sit with me anyway." Robin said grabbing his stuff "Pfft why would I want to sit with you?" I said sarcastically. Of course I want to sit with Robin "Umm because I'm amazing!" Oh my gosh

"Your ego must be huge." I laughed

"I'm just stating facts Finney Blake." He said which made me laugh even harder

We both got on the bus, there weren't that many seats left but we just took a random one. Close to the back. Obviously on a school bus there are no spots to put your bags (if you wanted room in your seat) so everyone put there bags in the isle. And the bags pilled up making walls so you could barely see the people across from you. I had the outside and Robin had the inside close to the window. And he brought a bunch of stuff for the long drive, he was prepared.

He had a pillow a blanket, candy, and a cassette player with headphones so we could listen to music. "Alright quiet down please!" One of the teachers said from the front of the bus "I'm going to count heads so don't move!" He started counting, using his finger to count it bobbed up and down. "Where is Julian McFarlen!" The teacher said angrily. I guess you could describe Julian as the class clown, always making jokes. "Sorry dude." His head popped out of a seat "I was just tying my shoe." You could hear giggles from every seat on the bus.

"Julian don't call me dude and second.. I saw you wearing slides this morning. Don't even try." The whole bus broke out into a laugh. "Alright let's get this show on the road!" The bus driver turned on the engine and bus started to move. Everyone started yelling, exited for the next few days of fun.

"Here." Robin said putting the blanket over us and giving me one of the ear phones to put in my ear for music. He got out the snacks and pressed the play button. I lean my head back thinking of what will happen this week. When I feel a hand wrap around mine under the blanket.
_______________________________

Word Count: 1453

Yay update!

Thanks so much for 20k+ reads. You guys and all of the lovely comments are my motivation to keep updating. I love reading all your comments and reading your opinions.

Thanks to all of you readers for helping me get this far.

xo ❤️