(III) Chapter 28 - Solace

Start from the beginning

"I love you more."

[Takeji's POV]

After finishing her meal, I cleaned up after Nino and let her go back to sleep. Things have been pretty busier lately and I want to make up with her as much as I can. I wouldn't want her to feel that I'm being too complacent just because we're living under the same roof.

Morning came and I stretch my arms out to prepare myself for another day. It's a Saturday and for today, there's nowhere I need to be that's why I'm planning to take Nino on a date. While I was walking towards the living room, I saw Nino busy with something.

She was making some cake and I can see her focused on what she was doing.

"Good morning, babe." I smiled at her.

"W—wha—You woke up earlier than I expected!" She uttered in surprise.

"Yeah, sorry about that. You know that I'm not used to waking up late."

"Ugh... I thought I already woke up early for this..."

"Sorry, did I ruin something for you?"

"Yeah! You should go back to sleep and forget what you saw!" She protested but I can see her smiling a bit.

I ran towards her and gave her a hug from the back.

"What if I don't want to?" I remarked as I rest my head on her left shoulder.

"What? You're the boss now?"

"I didn't say anything" I teased. "So, what are you gonna do about it?"

"I don't know, maybe this?" She then smudged some icing on my cheeks

"Wha—you!" I protested and tried to get some icing so I can get back at her.

"Baby!?"

I chuckled and replied, "What? You started it!?"

She then took a big chunk of icing on her hands and I already know what she was about to do. I back off a bit but she was slowly walking towards me.

"Baby... Nino... Whatever it is you're planning to do, I'm sorry, okay? Let's not be violent here."

She was just smirking at me and said, "Oh you know what's going to happen? What's wrong? Don't you want to come near me? I'm not even mad." She then made poppy eyes on me which was hypnotizing but I stilled myself because I know it was a trap.

"Yeah, I won't fall for that!"

"Takeji! You come here, right now! Hmph!" She protested like a child.