(III) Chapter 28 - Solace

[Nino's POV]

He was reaching out his hand for a handshake and I'm not rude enough not to reach my hand out as well then replied,

"I can say the same."

"You can just have my umbrella. You can return it, maybe when we meet again?" He remarked while handing me his umbrella.

"Wait, you will be drenched in rain. I wouldn't want to feel guilty about it."

"No, it's okay. We'll probably see each other again anyways. See you around!" He smiled, waived his hand, and finally left.

"Okay?" is what I thought to myself after that confusing encounter.

Since I don't have any choice but to use the umbrella, I went home and was saved from the rain because of what happened. At this point in time, my partner would be enjoying his time with his family. I would've joined them but I don't think I have enough energy left in me after the whole day.

I decided to sit back on the couch and just play with my phone until my eyes can't keep up with me anymore.

"Baby..." I heard a faint voice and a gentle tap on my shoulder.

"Hmm...?" I replied but I wasn't opening my eyes. I know that voice and I felt some relief finally hearing it.

"You might catch a cold, let's go to our room."

"I'm good here. I'll just move later, okay?"

"Oh, you..." After his remark, I felt his arms wrapping around me and finally carrying me as if I was a baby.

"W—what are you doing...?"

"What? Is it wrong to carry you like this?" He asked while he was carrying me to the room.

I wrapped my arms around him and replied, "Of course not, dummy..."

After finally getting to the room, I didn't let him leave me and just continue to hug him. I know that I'm being clingy now more than ever but I just can't help it. Even though we sleep in the same place, we barely have time for each other since we have our own dreams to chase.

"I haven't washed up yet."

"I don't mind..." I buried my face on his chest.

He brushed my hair with his fingers and asked, "Have you eaten yet?"

"I'm too tired to cook, baby... I'll just eat tomorrow."

"Just wait here..." He stood up from our bed and left without saying anything else.

Since I'm still a bit tired, I tried to continue sleeping but I was then awakened by his gentle tap once more.

"Babe... You take this first..."

I slowly opened my eyes and saw him placing a mini table on top of our bed with a dish that seemed like he tried to cook while I was napping.

"Baby... You didn't have to..." I tried to protest but he just kissed my forehead and said,

"I don't want you to skip your meals. You wouldn't want me to do the same, right?"

"Okay... You win... But only this time..." I smiled, grab him gently, and give him a kiss on his lips. "Thank you for taking care of me. But I want to be the one to do all caring..."

"It's not a competition, you know."

"I know that... But just let me have this..."

"Okay, I understand. I love you." He smiled at me.