Obanai x Kyojurou's Sister

Y/n Pov

          It was late evening and Kyojurou still hasn't returned from his mission which has me worried. 'where could he be!?' I ran to the Butterfly estate in hopes that he would be there but instead I found rows of empty beds.

          "Shinobu! Have you seen Kyojurou any where or heard anything from him?" I ran up to her clinging to the last pieces of hope I had. Tears already began to flood my eyes.

          "Oh." A grave look took over her face while terror filled my eyes.

          "No. D-dont tell me he..." I practically fell back onto the edge of the porch not being able to process that my own brother, the flame hashira, was dead. I felt my heart sink as tears flowed freely. Shinobu attempted to help to a private room but my mind was filled with so much anger and guilt that I couldn't help but block everything else out. Without a care in the world I shoved Shinobu out of my way and got up and began walking away. Somewhere deep down I felt bad for shoving Shinobu but that's the last thing to think about at the moment.

          I finally decided where I was going and that was to kill the demon that took my brother's life. That little shit's going to get what he deserves and I'll make sure of it. As I walked past head quarters I could hear the faint sound of someone calling my name.

          "Y/n! I heard what happened and I know how hard it is to lose someone so close so please let me help you. Don't try to go through this by yourself. It'll only make it harder." Usually I would ignore the voice but I knew who's voice this was and he was the only one I would listen to at the moment. It was Obanai. I felt him place his hand on my right shoulder so I turned around and pulled him to a hug which he returned. I couldn't help the tears that now ran down my face but he could.

          " Sh. Sh. Calm down" he Whispered. Once I had calmed down I explained to him what I was doing but he didn't seem to think I should go. He tried to convince me not to go but It didn't work so he agreed to come with me.

~Time skip to when you find Akaza~

          The sun had just set and standing in front of me is yet another demon. It's been weeks and we still hadn't found the right demon but I wasn't going to give up

         "Huh. You look familiar. Wait a minute. Haven't I already killed you?" The demon asked. I stood confused for a minute until I realized that other then Kyojurou and Senjurou I was the only one who had hair like I do. Which means..... This is the demon that killed my brother.

          Anger and hatred rushed through me and without even thinking about what I was doing I drew my sword and ran towards the demon. I could hear Obanai yelling at me and trying to calm me down. I heard something about being unreasonable and how I'm going about this wrong but I wasn't going to let go of the only chance I had to get rid of this filthy creature.

          It was a long battle and you could tell that not only I but Obanai was also getting tired. We had hit the demon multiple times but he keeps dodging the fatal blows.

          It wasn't until hours of fighting that I saw a way to finish this bitch off. Akaza was currently dealing with Obanai at the moment which would give me just enough time to sneak around and get him from the back. If I did this correctly maybe this battle would finally end. I snuck around the back until I was right behind the demon then ran full speed and got my sword ready.

          "NO! Don't do it!" I could hear Obanai screaming but I wasn't sure why. That was until I saw the very demon we were fighting turn around with the speed and light and hit me right in the chest. I could practically hear all my ribs breaking. I could feel each bone in my chest break off into different directions some even puncturing organs.

          I was thrown back into a tree, blood pouring from multiple wounds. I was filled with pure shock and pain. How did he know what I was doing? How am I supposed to defeat him with injuries like these? I never realized that Obanai had completely stopped fighting and ran up to me until I felt pressure being held to my wounds. That's when everything came into focus. Obanai sat in front of me trying to stop the bleeding.

          "Obanai. I'm so sorry. I should have listened to you. I should have stayed. Instead I pulled you into this. Instead I put myself into this position which I can't get out of now. Look as much as you don't want to hear it Obanai. There's nothing you can do to help me now. My injuries are all to fatal. So while I can still talk I need you to listen to me. I can't begin to explain everything that you have done for me. You were there when no one else was. You were there in the good and the bad times. I can't express how grateful I am for that. You've done so much for not only me but my family and friends and that means everything to me. And when this is all over I don't want you to blame anything on yourself. None of this happened because of you. I also don't want you going out and tracking this demon down. There will come a demon Slayer who is strong enough to kill him and when that happens I want you to thank him for not only me but for Kyojurou too." I was losing to much blood and I soon became very weak and my sight became blurry. I tired to talk quickly because the sun was still down and I had no idea where the demon was. I knew I wasn't coming home after this battle but I was going to do everything in my power to get him home. Well. That's if he listens to me.

          "Listen Obanai. The sun is still down you have to go. The demon is still here somewhere." I was barley hanging on but I still had a feeling that he wasn't listening to me.

          "I'm not going anywhere. I don't care about that fucking demon. That mother fucker can do what ever he wants but he's not pulling us apart. And I'm not leaving you." There was no convincing him. It wasn't even worth trying. I had already accepted the fact that he wouldn't listen. But I couldn't sit there and watch him get killed and think that I could have at least tried to save him.

          I was slipping away but unfortunately I wasn't completely gone when I saw the demon walk up behind Obanai just to beat the shit out of him. I knew what this demon was doing. He wanted to torture Obanai right in front of me when I had only minutes left to live. Once he was done he through Obanai against the same tree I leaned on and his limp body slid to the ground beside me. With the last bit of strength he had he sat up and pulled me to his chest.( Like in the picture at the top) It didn't seem like he could speak so I decided to speak for him.

          "You have always been my heart's desire. My one. True. Love."I whispered. It was then that I slipped away into a slumber I would never wake up from.

          I opened my eyes to nothing but white. There was nothing in the distance. (Kinda like when you see Daki and Giyutaru meet after they die) That was until I saw another figure.

          "Obanai!" I can't believe he was here with me!, I ran towards him and jumped into his arms. He held me for what felt like hours.

         "You know Y/n? You were my heart's desire and still are. My one true love."

So I know this isn't my best work and it's probably cringe but I needed to post something and if you think I should go back and rewrite this with more emotion and detail I will gladly do so.