𝔩𝔩𝔩. 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

⭒❃.✮:▹ TW: mentions of murder, blood, swearing, semi-graphic scenes, etc. ◃:✮.❃⭒

Gotham News breaking story for the night was "New Titans Signal Appears in Gotham Skies" meaning the Bat signal was truly retired. For most people in the manor their night was relatively quiet with finding small things to keep them entertained as Crane and Jason have been quiet.

Kory walks into the kitchen to find Dick dressed in a black suit making himself a sandwich while watching the news on a tablet, "Hey, I thought you were going to the gala?"

"I am," Dick nods focusing on finishing preparing his meal

"Pre-game meal?" Kory asks leaning on the counter

"Have you seen the dinners at those things? Chicken the size of golf balls," Dick answers knowing better than to not eat before a gala event

Dick takes a bite of his sandwich making a piece of the meal stay at the side of his lips. Kory sees and says something, "Mmm. Dick."

Dick takes the napkin from Kory's hand and cleans the side of his face that she had pointed at, "Oh, thanks."

"Enjoying some of our good press?" Kory asks looking at the small screen on the table that still had the news segment about the new sky light

"Barb asked me to look at it. It's a T in the sky," Dick says still chewing through his bite of food

"Yes." Kory chuckles having yet to experience bad press "Yes, that it is."

Kory's smile falls as Dick takes another bite of his sandwich, needing to ask something she had never thought to ask, "Is Edith okay?"

"Why do you ask?" With his mouth full Dick questions

"I just thought Edith would be joining you to the gala." Kory says looking the man up and down at his clean crisp all black suit finding it strange that Edith wasn't equally well dressed next to him. Kory knew the two didn't do everything together but this was a big event "You two are still in a relationship, right?"

"Yes we are. Things right now are just complicated," Dick answers making his around the kitchen for a drink

"Because of your feelings for Barbara?" Kory asks and at the pointed look she'd received Kory knew she was right hums suspiciously

"It's not that." Dick quickly shuts down whatever was running through Kory's mind because there was two reasons Edith wasn't going with him, "Edie is just... her powers are growing and she's scared"

"Edith?" Kory asks in disbelief not seeing how that woman would be scared of her powers "The woman who has learned to embrace her metahuman powers and help Gar and Rachel embrace their growing powers. That Edith is afraid of her powers growing?"