Insult

~In the next train car~

Tanjiro smells the scent of a demon. 

Tanjiro: "Ngh!" The smell is overpowering! So heavy... The demon's scent is so strong even in this strong wind! Was I asleep in such an awful scent? Even if each car was closed off and airtight, I can't believe I was! I was useless! 

Tanjiro looks out from the boarding area of the train car. 

Tanjiro: The demon is upwind. Is he in the first car? "Ngh!" 

Tanjiro flips onto the roof of the train car. 

Tanjiro: "Nezuko, don't come here! Stay away from me and wait! Go wake everyone up!" 

Tanjiro begins running toward the front of the train but stops. 

Tanjiro: "Ah..." 

Y/n: "Tanjiro!" 

Enmu: "What? You're awake? Good morning! You could've stayed asleep, though." 

Tanjiro: It's him! 

Enmu: "Why did you wake up? Didn't I show you a sweet dream? I could've shown you a dream where your family was being slaughtered. Would you have liked that one better? No, of course not. Too distressing, right?" 

Tanjiro: "Ahh..." 

Enmu: "All right, next... why don't I show you a dream where your father comes back to life?" 

Tanjiro grabs his sword. 

Tanjiro: "Grr..." 

Enmu: "Fufu..." What I really love... is to show people nightmares right after a happy dream. I just adore the sight of a distorted human face. I get such a kick out of that! How enthralling it is to gaze at someone shattered by misfortune, suffering, and flailing. But I don't usually let my guard down, so it may take longer, but I'll make sure to kill the Demon Slayers. I mixed my blood with the ink on the tickets. Once the conductor punches them, creating clamp marks... the spell activates. This is a remote art. It took more effort, but this was the best way to avoid being detected. Not being detected is important. It is a reality for them until they realize it's a dream. And yet... how did this one manage to wake up? And he found a way to wake up in a short time. Even though the human desire for blissful dreams, for self-serving dreams... is so enormous! The girl is Master's daughter. It makes sense that she woke up. 

Tanjiro draws his sword. 

Tanjiro: "Don't you dare intrude on my soul! I won't let you... get away with this!" 

Enmu: What's that? I see he's wearing earrings. 

Y/n: I remember reading about Tanjiro's ancestor, who was a good friend of Yoriichi and arguably was one of his only true friends. Therefore Yoriichi must have given the earrings as a gift, and since then they have been passed down the generations until they reached Tanjiro. 

Enmu: "Heh... How lucky is that? So he came right to me! This is like a dream! Now I can receive even more blood from Master Muzan! I even have his daughter! And once I become more powerful, I'll challenge an Upper Rank demon to a duel to replace them!" 

Y/n: "I heard Upper Six is easy." 

Tanjiro prepares to attack Enmu. 

Tanjiro: "Water Breathing... Tenth Form... Constant Flux!" 

Enmu: "Blood Demon Art... Heh..." Whispers of Forced Unconscious Hypnosis. "Go to sleep!" 

Tanjiro is put to sleep before he can attack Enmu. As he begins to fall, he wakes up again.