Chapter 8

"So Bella is dating a vampire as well?" Michelle asked Elijah while cutting some vegetables for the pasta she was going to make tonight. "She is indeed. We are a different-" "Michelle!" yelled a voice from outside. "Oh, give me a minute" Michelle told Elijah, before quickly grabbing her coat and walking out of the front door towards the voice, Elijah carefully following her.

"Paulie! Good to see you. How was the hangover?" she asked him, giving him a hug that lasted a bit too long for Elijah's liking. "Manageable. How are you? Who's the suit?" he replied, glancing towards Elijah, making Michelle turn and see him as well. "That's Elijah, don't worry about him. I'm fine. Did everything go alright yesterday? You all left so suddenly" "Yeah, sorry about that. I actually wanted to make it up to you by inviting you for dinner tonight." "Oh that's really nice of you-" "she can't" came the angry voice of Kol. "and who are you to speak for her?" Paul asked, getting angry at the new male that seemingly came out of nowhere. "I'm her fiancé" "Last I heard you two broke up" Paul retorted, looking at Kol with a glare. "Don't believe everything you hear, my friend" Klaus said, also seemingly coming out of nowhere. Kol and Klaus always were the more possessive of the four. However, seeing the current status of their relationship and Michelle's relation to Paul, this was not a smart move on their end. "Excuse you, I'm trying to talk here to my friend. Can you butt out?" "But love-" "go inside" she angrily said, making Klaus and Kol look at her as if she kicked a puppy. The two however did do as she said and went back inside. She still knew they were listening in on her conversation but at least they stopped trying to pick a fight.

"Look, Paul, everything is pretty complicated right now." "Then we go cliff diving to get your mind of things" "you know what? Why not? Just let me grab my stuff" "Excuse me?" Elijah now asked, appalled by the suggestion of the shifter and his mate actually accepting this suggestion. Michelle was already rushing inside when Elijah realized that she was going through with this. "Elskan, I am extremely uncomfortable with you going cliff diving with this man" "Is it the cliff diving part of the man part?" she asked him, making Kol and Klaus answer simultaneously "both". "Seems to be a you problem then. I've done this a million times before and Paul is my friend. I need this." "What is going on, my love?" Finn asked his mate, who was furiously packing herself some warm clothes in a bag as well as a towel. "I'm going cliff diving with a guy friend" she explained, making him hesitate a bit but seeing the upset faces of his brothers as well as the frustration in his mate's eyes all he did was say "please be careful, alright? And if anything happens, please call one of us" he told her, slowly cupping her face and kissing her on the forehead. "Thanks Finn, that means a lot" she told him, kissing his cheek in return, making him smile softly at her. "Finn, what the h-" Kol started before Elijah cut him off "Finn is right, brothers. Michelle is a grown woman who can make her own decision. All we can do is ask her if she could please keep us updated on her wellbeing." "I can do that" she told Elijah gratefully.

Don't get her wrong, even if the three of them were against the idea she would still go, but it means a lot to her that she at least had two of her men in her corner. "Fine" Klaus grumbled, walking towards Michelle and saying "you better call me if you're hurt and I'll be there immediately" making her nod before turning to Kol "I'm still not happy, but your happiness means more to me. Be careful" "I will" she said, before zipping up her bag and saying she would be back before dinner.

While Michelle went out with Paul after making the promise that she would inform them as soon as they would be heading back, the Mikaelsons headed to the Cullen residence to talk some more with Carlisle.

"Come in" he told the four of them before guiding them towards the living room where Rebekah was sitting and talking to Alice. "brothers, where is Michelle?" "she went cliff diving, sister. With a shifter" Klaus told her, grumpily, before sitting on the couch across from her. This made Rebekah laugh out loud. That girl had her brothers wrapped around her little finger for them to allow her to do that with a shifter of all people as well. "I am offended she didn't think to invite me" Rebekah joked before Kol threw a pillow at her face, making her laugh even harder. Meanwhile Elijah and Carlisle headed to his office to talk about the treaty and to talk some more about the shifters. He wanted to learn about the people she was hanging out with so he could see if they would be a threat to his mate or not.

After a couple of hours they finally received a text from their mate saying she was on her way back home so the four brothers rushed towards her uncle's house so they could wait for her. Not long after they arrived, Michelle and Paul arrived as well. She quickly hugged him, thanking him for the fun afternoon they had before rushing off towards the four that were waiting for her. "See? Not a scratch" she told them stopping in front of them and slowly turning so they could see for themselves. "Wait, wait, a little slower" Kol said, obviously asking it to check out her ass, making her laugh and jokingly slap his arm "shut up" she mumbled, making him say in return "you love it"

She still did.