Chapter 4

1869, London, England

"Nicholas! Can you get Luna out, I want to go for a ride, and bring your horse too", I call out.

I just had a very pleasant conversation with my father, and really need to let out some steam.

"You seem like you need some company, would you like me to join?", a venomous voice, many would have mistaken for sweet, was heard from behind.

"I'm perfectly well with Nicholas, Lady Bridget. Besides, you wouldn't want to interrupt our only time together. Would you Lady Bridget?", I practically, hissed.

"Come on James, shouldn't you be spending more time with Bridget, your betrothed, than some random stable boy".

Of course, if the Queen bitch were here, her side bitch would not be that far off.

"I value Nicholas's time much more than Lady Bridget's time, Olivia. Also, wouldn't you both rather stay inside than ride horses?", I asked, pissed off at Olivia.

Don't misunderstand, I know tons of women who are tons better at riding horses than me, but these two are a completely different breed.

"I thought you guys could take a walk in the woods", my sister suggested.

"This ride is supposed to relieve my stress, not add more stress. And with that I bid you, ladies, goodbye", I say, getting on Luna and riding off, with Nicholas following me.

"You do know that Old master would not appreciate you treating Young Mistress and her friend like that, especially when that 'friend' is the future Matriarch of the Harrington's", Nicholas chided, once we were out of their earshot.

"Ugh, don't remind me. That old man and the witch are really cut out of the same high-end bitchy cloth", I complained, combing my fingers through Luna's mane.

"You will be fine James, you'll just be stuck with her till the day you die", Nicholas teases, steering his horse in a different direction.

"Where are you going? We've never gone that way", I ask, catching up to him.

"It's a new place I found with Margaret on a ride, " he says, leading me through a space between trees.

"You expect me to believe that you got your sister on a horse", I asked incredulously at that prospect.

Margaret is Nico's younger sister and a true daredevil, but the one thing she wouldn't do is get on a horse. Believe me, Nick and I have tried countless times, but she refuses to go with ten feet of any horse.

"Not exactly, it was me riding Oliver while she was walking beside me", he explained, looking proud of his accomplishment.

"How exactly did you both find this mysterious place?", I ask, still surprised by his success.