🏈 8 👓

As per their usual routine, Nanon decided to follow Kao when she was walking back home. Even after she ignored Nanon whole day, he kept on following her and trying to talk to her.

"Kao..." Nanon called her for the Nth time but when she did not respond Nanon looked around and saw that the road was empty and only the two of them were walking.

Thinking of it to be a good opportunity, Nanon pulled Kao's hand. "Kao, that's enough. Let's talk now."

"What's there to talk? You clearly have switched sides." She snapped at him.

"Sides? What sides?"

"Don't pretend as if you don't understand anything."

"I really don't Kao. I am trying to talk to you since the time I heard you crying over the call. It's been three days since I have been trying to follow you around. I am not your boyfriend Kao. We are friends. And friends are supposed to talk. If there is a problem, we need to talk."

"You know how that bitch insulted me in class and her friend... That... That playboy Ohm Pawat... He played me."

Nanon took a deep breath to calm himself down. He understood Kao's frustration, but it wasn't fair on her part to talk about Ohm like this.

"Kao... Answer me this ok? Did you not tell Ohm on the very first day he talked to you that you are in some sort of a relationship?"

Kao glared at Nanon for a moment. "That was just to protect myself from that playboy."

"Yeah so he stopped hitting on you then. Just like you wanted." Nanon said it. By now it was getting difficult for him to control his agitation because Kao was clearly upset for pointless things. Situations that she complicated herself.

"But then why was he hanging around with me then?"

"You guys agreed to be friends right? Did he ask you out on a date? Did he ever try and be handsy with you?"

"..." Kao looked at Nanon with disbelief for some time before talking again. "I thought you came to talk to me because I cried. Because you are worried about me."

"I am." Nanon took out his glasses and took a deep breath yet again to calm down. "And that's why am telling you. They are all good friends."

Kao's expressions turned blank. "Friends. So now you have other friends?"

"Of course. What's wrong in that?"

"Then why do you need to talk to me? Haven't new friends replaced the old one." Kao folded her hands and shrugged looking away.

"That's not fair. Were you not hanging around with Ohm and Chimon earlier? Also with Cindy and her group of friends? Then what is wrong if I too hang out with others? I never complained about you hanging out with anybody."

"I can't believe it. You used to say that I was the only friend you needed."

"Kao..." Nanon held her by her shoulder. "We are not kids from kindergarten. What are we discussing? I want you to be happy and cheerful like always. I understand you had feelings for Ohm and he is not interested in you. So you feel hurt. But..."

"YOU UNDERSTAND NOTHING!" Kao pushed his hands away. "What were you huh? A weird nerd whom no one liked to talk to. And now when you have got a few people to talk, you are throwing me aside like trash?"

"Kao I am warning you! Don't say anything that you cannot take back." Nanon warned her. It was the first time that the two friends were fighting. And Nanon had no idea how to talk to Kao if she was like this.

"Tell me if I am saying anything wrong. If it weren't for me, you would have been always alone..."

"ENOUGH... That's it..." Nanon's eyes were almost teary. And Kao's expressions turned shocked to hear her best friend scream on her for the first time in life. "Sorry... But let's talk when you can talk to me like before."