Ch. 2 Observations

Start from the beginning

"Koz said it was Juice that brought it up when 'fore he even had his patches. Undertaker had nothin' to do with it."

Gemma knew Kozik and Hap could be trusted and knew there was no reason for them to lie about it. If anything, they would've said it was her idea to get her some clout instead of talking up Juice. "Huh," she said, pulling the salad towards her. "How's our newest patch doin'?"

Clay shrugged a shoulder. "He's not half bad. Updatin' all our shit. Hates goin' on runs though. 's a pain in the ass about it. Always on his damn phone."

"Guessin' that has to do with the undertaker."

"Probably," he agreed around a bite of his sandwich. "Dunno why you care so much. Ain't like she's up your ass tryin' to get into your good graces like the sweetbutts."

There were a lot of reasons Gemma cared so much about Angela and her place within the club least of which was her relationship with Juice. The undertaker and Jax had gotten awfully close, and she knew he respected her opinion. Opie coming home from prison had put some space between them, but it wasn't enough in Gemma's eyes. She didn't Jax having outside influences that she herself didn't trust. "I don't care. Just trying to figure her out. Make sure she's not a threat."

Clay didn't look convinced. "Not somethin' you need to worry about, sweetheart," he said, finishing his sandwich. He threw away the wrapper before standing to give her a kiss. "Worry about what's for dinner tonight."

Gemma flipped him off as he walked away, shaking her head at him. She'd been planning on getting some steaks from the German and doing some kind of family dinner for a select few of the club members. She hadn't thought to extend the invitation to Juice and the undertaker, but it might not be too bad of an idea. Maybe she could throw another challenge Angela's way. See if the undertaker could make the time to actually make something edible for them especially since she'd failed to make a decent cornbread and the next time she was invited to dinner, not only was she late, but she came empty handed because she'd gotten busy at work. She was willing to give Angela one last shot to see if she could step up her game. Hopefully, she wouldn't strike out.

~'~'~'~

Tara's heart was in her throat as she walked away from Jax. She'd known the second Wendy had come in that she wanted to help with Jax's baby's case. She wanted to be there, wanted to make sure everything was done right. As much as the doctors had tried to remain neutral when it came to the Sons, she knew some of them had prejudices, and she didn't want those prejudices to effect any part of Abel's treatment. With a sigh, she grabbed his chart and started to review it in preparation for what was to come.

The sound of creaky wheels rolling on the tile made her look up in time to see Angela approaching, an empty gurney in front of her. She watched as the undertaker awkwardly greeted Clay and Gemma before side stepping around them and heading back towards the nurse's station, a confused look on her face. "Hey Angie," she greeted, nodding to her. They'd formed a strange sort of friendship in the past months, although it didn't go past more grabbing coffee at the hospital when she was on break and when Angela had a pick up.

"Hey T," she replied with a sigh. "Can I ask why the King and Queen are here?"

"Gemma didn't say anything?"

"It's none of my business, apparently," Angela replied on a roll of her eyes. "Which is fine. Means my boys aren't hurt, but the way she said it was..."

"Condescending as hell?" she filled in on a smirk.

She nodded enthusiastically. "She's so good at that."

"She certainly is," Tara muttered before letting out a long sigh. She knew Angela should know what was going on for Jax's sake more than anything. They were friends, and Tara was pretty sure Angela would be a healthier source of support for him than his mother. Still, she'd taken an oath when she became a doctor, and she wasn't going to break it. "Hypothetically, a baby was delivered early due to some...nefarious circumstances," she said, hoping Angela would know what she meant.