My dumbest mistake

Start from the beginning

Am I imagining all of this?! Is it actually happening?! Did I pass out in the middle of the shop, and the media I consumed are affecting my dreams?!

Scared, she called out, "Helloo~?!"

There was no reply- except the mirror.

O magic mirror, thy wisdom I entreat... Reveal unto me the visage I seek...

She could hear footsteps approaching. Startled, she looked around impatiently, but no one was there. The shop was just as empty as the streets. The silence was deafening.

Wait- magic mirror?!

You, whose image the dark mirror did beacon forth...

Me-?!

She turned to face the mirror. 

If your heart bids it, take the hand of the one reflected in the mirror.

The scene was unnerving. Gone were the green flames, instead there was a hand, probably male like the voice. There was such little light, that it almost looked like a claw.

Kayra didn't hesitate to call Anna- who wasn't picking up. She hurriedly navigated through the store, she didn't need to be here another second. She grabbed the handle of the front door, pushing and pulling frantically.

Somehow, it was now locked.

She turned around, scared that whoever locked the door was in the shop with her.

It must've been the guy whose voice I heard. Is he still in here?! He must be, I could hear footsteps. Maybe I can get out the back door...?

She tiptoed to the back, avoiding the 'magic' mirror. Senses heightened in order to pick up on anyone or anything else. Six calls were not enough for Anna to pick up. The back door was also locked. She leaned against the door, grip tight on her phone. Her throat was dry.

Why is this happening?

After a few moments, she calmed down. She turned to face the end of the hall, around the bend of which was the mirror. Tempted to  get another peek, she slowly walked towards it.

Maybe I was imagining everything...?

It was as she left it; the reflectionless void and the eerie hand. Curiosity gradually replaced her fear. She wanted to know if there really was something on the other side of the mirror. Wary, she tried touching the 'glass' with her index and middle fingers. Her hand slipped right through it.

It felt like her hand was going through water, but it wasn't wet. She stopped, her hand hovering a centimeter or two above the stranger's own. The tips of the 'claws' grazing the inside if the glass. A thousand feelings and emotions raced through her.

I'm dreaming. I can't get hurt if I'm dreaming, right?!

She slowly lowered her middle finger to touch the foreign entity. Upon contact, he moved and Kayra froze. He took hold of her, there was no aggression, force or tight grips. But Kayra was still unmoving. Then, she was being pulled in with painstaking lack of speed.

"What the-?! WHAT IS THIS?!"

The mirror continued to pull her in. She put her hand against the wall and tried to push backwards.

"THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" she cried. The corners of her eyes wet with moisture. "Someo-

She was cut off by the ringtone of her phone. Anna was calling her back.

She picked up without hesitation. "ANNA HELP!"

"What happened?!" Anna was alarmed by Kayra's tone.

The pulling didn't stop till the tips of Kayra's boots touched the wall. Her arm was shoulder-deep in the mirror. Most of her limb was cloaked in darkness. She dropped her phone in an attempt to keep herself out of the mirror. A distance from what remained of her arm, red flames ignited within the mirror.

"KAYRA, TALK TO ME!"

But all she heard was Kayra's crying. The voice that followed was only audible to Kayra.

As flames reduce even the stars to ash.

Her first thought was of being a demonic sacrifice.

As ice seals away even time itself.

The image changed to a shard of ice. She continued to sob.

Is the mirror cursed?! Does it kill everyone who comes near it?! Naturally, she didn't want to die.

As great trees swallow even the sky.

The green colour returned, but it was brighter, swirling green magic.

Does that mean I'm going to hell?! I know I wasn't the best daughter or student, but that's too much!

Fear not the power of darkness.

AS IF!  She thought.

Now- demonstrate your power.

This time, the mirror let out actual, proper white light. Blinding Kayra in the process. With far more force that wasn't there before, Kayra was pulled in.

She disappeared with a scream that terrified Anna.

• • •

To me. To them. To yourself. The hour grows long, and time is scarce.

Keep steady your grip, no matter what may come...

÷

BTW: Kayra's outfit isn't something I chose at random. Can you guess who she resembles?