A Guitarist & A Worshiper

"AETHER STOP CHASING ME" You scream while darting down corridors

"GIVE IT BACK Y/N" Aether screams in response.

He was a solid foot taller than you, and catching up at such an alarming rate that your eyes grew big and a twinge of fear was in your heart. When all hope seems lost with the ghoul just on your heels, you quickly stop running and step to the side, a little maneuver known to get you out of many similar situations. The poor guy, in an attempt to change directions, fell in a heap on the cold marble floor with a loud smack!

You smirk at the sudden victory, but your confidence was short lived by a whimper coming from the masked person curled up into a ball on the floor. You crouch down to him carefully, not knowing if he was mad at you or not and lay a hand on his hunched over back. "Aether...are you okay?" he does not respond, "Aether...you are scaring me...are you hurt" Anxiety begins to flood your voice as his breathing got very shallow, almost stopping. Shifting to your knees, you turn him over, his arms sprawled out with no control, foot thumping across his body on the marble, his mask still covering his face.

"Oh my Satan...I just killed Aether" You say somewhat serious and somewhat still suspicious about his current state. Although you knew he would flip later, you decide to lift off his mask to at least make sure he IS alive. As your hand glides over the chrome, you freeze. You have never seen his face before, or a ghoul's face for that matter. Sure, you were dating him for a while, but working for the Clergy was more than time consuming, and he left for tour quickly after you both confessed your feelings.

You thought about what he looked like before, tall, paler skin possibly a light gray (at least that is what the books in the library state), dark brown hair that was probably slightly too long and desperate for a trim, his jaw strong, those blue eyes, nose slightly crooked for how many times he says Sodo hits him by accident, but nevertheless, you shake yourself out of the daydream and remember that your boyfriend is lying on the ground, not responding, and might be hurt. "Fuck it. I'd rather get a stern look than buy a casket" you lift off the mask. He stayed quiet and unresponsive, but he was breathing. Strangely enough, he looked exactly like how you envisioned. The crooked nose made you snicker.

Suddenly, a wave of sadness crashes on you and the realization of hurting your boyfriend crashes on you harder than a tsunami, and your eyes begin to water, "Aether please this is not funny anymore, you're not bleeding, you're not...you're not scraped, and you did not even hit your head. Please stop..." Tears threaten to fall, but you knew the devious ghoul would push you till your wits end just to hold you in his strong arms, "Stop doing this you know I hate it." still no response. In an act of love and remorse you pull your lover into your arms and start playing with his hair, "You are so beautiful" you mumble under your breath. You feel him begin to shake, his eyes squeezing shut tighter, and the corners of his mouth begin to curl. "You bastard." you sneer and push the now hysterically laughing ghoul away,

"HAHA YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN YOUR FACE" as you sit there, anger festering, a witty response comes out somewhat not planned, "No. I saw yours though" and skidded his chrome mask at his feet. In an instant of panic, Aether's hands frivolously searched his face for remnants of the disguise, but felt nothing. "Shit." he mumbled and fumbled for the mask. Being the little brat you are, you snatch it and quickly stand, "Not so fast hotshot."

"Oh come on y/n please. I'm sorry I know you hate it when I take it too far, but my mask is a necessity" The way his face shifted and moved was such a new sensation, you became entranced in his smirk, it was not until he stood and walked a few more steps forward to be directly in your face that you snapped out of the trance.

"No." The demon's eyebrows knit together, smile dropping,

"What did you say to me?"

"No." Now a smirk playing at your lips