Jasmine stared at her, before grabbing her hand and pulling them away from the entrance of the store and away from any prying eyes.

"I— So.." Jasmine didn't know what to say or where to start. "This is fucking weird." Jasmine mumbled, staring at Journey. She couldn't believe they looked exactly alike.

It was also crazy how they were wearing the same thing besides the shoes.

"I'm Journey." Journey started, causing Jasmine to cringe from how loud she was. Journey realized it to, knowing she couldn't help it, since she wasn't able to hear herself talk.

"Journey." Jasmine said, causing Journey to nod.

She knew her name was weird, she didn't like it and was kinda glad she was deaf so she didn't have to hear anybody calling her that.

"I'm Jasmine." She said as they shook hands.

——

"I have to go now," Journey told Jasmine, causing Jasmine to nod in agreement, remembering she just skipped school.

"Okay, meet me here tomorrow around 5." Jasmine told her, causing Journey to nod.

They waved goodbye before they went their separate ways. Journey knew she was finna get cussed out. She was here 2 hours longer then she needed to be.

They spent their time together getting to know one another and getting more comfortable with each other. Mostly talking about how weird this was. They both had also agreed to question their parents about each other and to meet back up tomorrow.

After 20 minutes, Journey made it back to the apartments, going inside she seen her grandmother standing by the door.

"Journey, where the fuck have you been?" Her grandma semi yelled, looking goofy because Journey couldn't even hear her.

"I went to the store." Journey said, causing Sherylene to snatch the bag from her.

"I sent you to the store 2 fucking hours ago and all you came back with is a fucking pickle? Where my cigarettes?" Sherylene yelled her face growing red.

"I couldn't buy them, I told you that." Journey said, causing Sherylene to push her. Journey stumbled, catching her balance as she grew upset.

"You're literally good for nothing! You're fucking useless, you know that?" Sheryl yelled at her, pointing her finger in her face.

Journey's eyes watered, "I'm sorry," She told her but the woman wasn't listening.

"Where my fucking change at?"

Journey reached around in her pocket not feeling the money that was once there. She looked at her grandma, who was a tomato red.

"You fucking serious? You can't do shit right!" Sherylene pushed Journey again, causing the girl to fall.

"Stop!" Journey yelled at her, scooting back in shock. Sherylene had never put her hands on her before, always resorting to degrading her instead.

Journey started to cry as she got off the floor, breathing heavily, trying to stop herself from having a panic attack.

Journey tried to walk away from her but Sherylene only followed her, continuing to yell insults at her.

"Stop being fucking dramatic! I should be the one cr- crying. You been gone for 2 hours and only came back with a fucking pickle. Where the fuck you been!" Sherylene slurred her words as she yelled, drinking some of her beer.

Journey didn't bother trying to read her lips, knowing she wasn't saying anything positive about her.

Sheryl went out of her way to stand infront of Journey, gripping her jaw to get her to look at her.

That caused Journey to immediately shut down. Something that happens every time she would get yelled at. It was as if her body was there but her mind was somewhere else. Somewhere safe.

Sherylene cut her rant short, noticing how Journey stood frozen, blankly staring at nothing in particular.

"You're weak." Sheryl told her even though she knew Journey couldn't hear her. Every time Journey shut down like this, sherylene always took it as a win.

Driving Journey crazy to the point where she would completely shut down was an accomplishment to her. It was a game to her.

She walked away from journey, stumbling to grab her keys before leaving the house.

Journey stood there for a couple more minutes before zoning back in. She looked around, sighing shakily before going to her room.

Journey unzipped her jacket, feeling something fall on her feet. She looked down at the balled up 8 dollars and huffed.

——

A/N: I hope you enjoyed & don't forget to vote.🤎