I shifted uneasily and moved away from his touch. I still couldn't tell my secrets after sixteen years of keeping them to myself. Call it a habit, but it helps make sure I don't get hurt. Being betrayed by a friend hurts less when they don't know any of your secrets. It happened once to Jake with one of his friends, and I never wanted to be hurt as bad as he was. So, I became myself as known today.

Jake looked at me, surprised. "You okay?"

Piper and Brendon shot me worried looks. They saw me move away from Jake, and I knew it worried them. I never move away from Jake when he touches me. I stay rooted to the spot or keep walking with him.

"I'm fine," I told all three of them. "I'm just a little distracted."

Brendon snorted in laughter. "You, distracted? Please! You'll be talking to Jake halfway across a room and still notice when I'm about to pickpocket someone. You're never distracted, Blondie. You just have multiple things you're concentrating on."

I swore under my breath. Damn him for knowing me so well. It can be really inconvenient at times like these when I want to be left alone. Seriously Brendon, take the hint. Piper knew what I meant and didn't ask any questions. Instead, she elbowed Brendon sharply in the ribs to get him to shut up. He hissed in pain, but shut up.

I gave her a small smile in thanks and returned to my silence.

Dan led us to a building made out of stone, and Jake created a hole. I glanced inside and saw the entrance to Demigod Olympus.

Home, I thought.

Suddenly, chills ran down my spine. I felt cold eyes watching me, and I tensed. "Get down."

Jake, Brendon, and Piper dove to the ground, pulling Dan down with them.

I barely had time to warn them before I felt the electric shock that warns the presence to go away. It lept out of me, and blue electricity crackled around me dangerously. The presence vanished, and my protection did so as well.

"What was that?" Dan asked, as he'd never seen me do that.

"Protection," I explained. "It drives away a certain presence."

"I see," Dan said, shakily. "Try not to do that around me. It's creepy and makes me think you're gonna kill us."

"I'll try," I said. "Sometimes I can't control it. It has a mind of its own when that presence is near."

I relaxed when the chills resided and the eyes left me. I know it's part of the spirit of Ouranos trying to get to me, but that doesn't stop me from being scared of it. I never can go a week without his spirit coming to me. I made a mental note to ask Deuce for ways on how to block that presence from me. She's the Oracle, she has to know ways to keep spirits away.

"Ready?" Jake asked me.

I nodded. "As I'll ever be."

Jake nodded and stepped through the portal. Piper and Brendon followed, and I looked at Dan.

"Try not to get mugged while I'm gone," I said.

He smiled. "Don't you worry about me, I can take care of myself. You should be worrying about Jake."

I frowned. "Why should I be worried?"

"He hasn't been the same since you left."

"What do you mean by 'he hasn't been the same'?"

"He's been quieter; more secretive. He only talks to Brendon, and I see him always looking at your picture. I think he's confused, since he's also been talking to Lexi."